V. 15 - Cannot resize walls, cannot place objects

mattbeckman

Hello All,

Getting desperate here for an answer that for some reason, I cannot solve on my own.

We have been in V 15 for a month now and I had to upgrade my computer for an adequate graphics card.

Since then, I don't know if I am dealing with computer issues or CA issues in order to trouble shoot.

Today I got started in a new plan and drew a wall- cannot click the wall>>click measurement>>resize. I can only open the object, change length.

Also - cannot go to the door parent tool>>click door>>hover over wall>>place object. It lets me choose the object but does not show the shadowy door over the wall for me to place.

I am sure there is an answer somewhere but I am coming up empty handed.

6 hours ago, mattbeckman said:

cannot click the wall>>click measurement ... can only open the object, change length

Wouldn't be a locked layer if it can be selected and opened.

6 hours ago, mattbeckman said:

does not show the shadowy door over the wall for me to place

Definitely sounds like the program isn't drawing selection line-type things - no temporary dimensions, no placement overlay. Certainly sounds like a graphic problem to me.

TeaTime is probably right but it *could* be other things too.

Temp dimensions could be turned off.

Your "selection line" color in your preferences could be white or fully transparent.

If it's not any of those things, then I would look into your video card or driver.  You might want to try updating the drivers to see if that helps.  If not, then I would probably contact tech support (like Ben suggested).

57 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Your "selection line" color in your preferences could be white or fully transparent.

...or the Selection Line color could be the same as your Background color.

If these 2 colors are the same, you will not see the door placement preview and when you select a wall, the dimensions will disappear. 

Go to Preferences and make them different colors.