Room Volume in a Custom Schedule?

DefinedDesign

Using X12

Looking to get the %room.volume% in a custom Room Schedule.  My callouts for this Room Schedule have this macro: %room.schedule_number%. 

The room label defaults are this: 

%room.dimensions%

Finished Ceiling Height: %room.height.ceilingfinish%

Room Area: %room.area.standard%

Room Volume: %room.volume%

How do I get the %room.volume% from the label default in this new custom schedule?  The Schedule Specification Columns does not provide a Room Volume option.

1 minute ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Add a Custom Field named "Volume"

Again I apologize, I'm not comprehending.  In the schedule dialog box I can create a Custom Category but where I don't see Volume is under columns even if I uncheck the box next to limit to included categories.

1911566827_ScreenShot2023-08-03at4_05_36PM.thumb.png.b7b2ce1800143465a702e71fddffaf13.png

Schedule columns are based on the information the can gather from the objects the schedule is set to include. If the Schedule only includes Notes, then only Note information can be gathered and displayed. Open a Note spec and you'll see Object Information has a Custom Fields section.

1 minute ago, DefinedDesign said:

Do you mean the Callout I created?  If no, I'm sorry I don't understand what a Note spec is.

Yes sry it was Rob that mentioned Notes. But same thing for both--really anything that can be in a Schedule will have Object Information where you can create custom fields for.

Sorry correction -- its not the same for both because Callouts can't be in a Schedule which is why Rob said he uses Notes.

Use Notes.

Place a note in a room, open the Note, add a "Volume" field and set it's field value to %room.volume%

Place a Note Schedule and add the Volume column

2 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

Yes sry it was Rob that mentioned Notes. But same thing for both--really anything that can be in a Schedule will have Object Information where you can create custom fields for.

This is my callout, where do I find the custom field to add the Volume for the schedule?

869984027_ScreenShot2023-08-03at4_18_51PM.thumb.png.574748c8abf91e5032a0682c651b2097.png

1 minute ago, TeaTime said:

Yeah, technically all schedules are the same. A "note schedule" is just set to include notes by default. Custom Schedules are just not set to include anything automatically so you can do whatever you want with em.

Thank you, I created the Note and it doesn't seem to be linking to my custom schedule, the note doesn't show a number and their is no field for the Volume in the schedule.

5 minutes ago, DefinedDesign said:

Thank you, I created the Note and it doesn't seem to be linking to my custom schedule, the note doesn't show a number and their is no field for the Volume in the schedule.

It has no number because it's not linked to that schedule, likewise with the Volume column.

If you select the Note there's an Edit button on the bottom toolbar to "Create Note Schedule from Note" - that'll make one that inherently includes that Note type.

That schedule should have a Volume column to include (so long as you added one to the selected note)

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

Sorry correction -- its not the same for both because Callouts can't be in a Schedule which is why Rob said he uses Notes.

Use Notes.

Place a note in a room, open the Note, add a "Volume" field and set it's field value to %room.volume%

Place a Note Schedule and add the Volume column

Just going to drop this here for you in case you feel like supporting the cause :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeaTime said:

It has no number because it's not linked to that schedule, likewise with the Volume column.

If you select the Note there's an Edit button on the bottom toolbar to "Create Note Schedule from Note" - that'll make one that inherently includes that Note type.

That schedule should have a Volume column to include (so long as you added one to the selected note)

Thank you!  Now to figure out why the volume isn't calculating correctly???  Is there anyway to get the volume to round up?  I'm clueless.

1685236773_ScreenShot2023-08-03at6_02_55PM.thumb.png.a160b69c98b2047a0dabc7acc4620bcf.png

3 minutes ago, DefinedDesign said:

I found this CA KB-01897 article but I can't get it to work...:unsure:

Hard for some of us to provide support for older versions. How did you get a reported value for volume? Was it a predefined macro? Are you including a macro in a custom field that is reporting to the schedule in columns to include? Or was there a volume column to include?

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

How did you get a reported value for volume? Was it a predefined macro? Are you including a macro in a custom field that is reporting to the schedule in columns to include? Or was there a volume column to include?

Created a Note and then >Note Specification >Object Information >Custom Object Fields >Custom Field: Volume >Field Value: %room.volume%

CAD >Text >Text Macro Management

RoomVolume - (internal_area * (ceiling_elevation - floor_elevation) ).to_cu_ft
Copied the RoomVolume per the KB article and created this:
roomVolumeRounded:

vol = internal_area * (ceiling_elevation - floor_elevation)

vol.round(2)

Went back to Note Specification and added

Room Volume Rounded with a field value: %roomVolumeRounded%
Gives me an #Evaluation Error#

13 hours ago, DefinedDesign said:

volume isn't calculating correctly

If you change to "interior dimensions" in your schedule, instead of "standard dimensions", it may help. I think the "volume" calculation uses interior numbers.

15 hours ago, DefinedDesign said:

Room Volume Rounded with a field value: %roomVolumeRounded%
Gives me an #Evaluation Error#

Use this: %room.volume.round%

You will need to add the units at the end of the text or in the column title of your schedule.