Room Volume in a Custom Schedule?

DefinedDesign

missing important details here...a note is not the same as a room, and though a note will report a rooms information you have to access it.
so in the note it would access standard area by calling room.standard_area.
You can put this directly in the custom field without going into TMM
%(room.standard_area*(room.ceiling_elevation-room.floor_elevation)).round(2)%
Which is in the case that your version of the software doesnt have the measurement class of room.volume

On 8/4/2023 at 7:55 AM, DG1949 said:

change to "interior dimensions" in your schedule, instead of "standard dimensions"

Curious if 'Interior dimensions' is available in X12?  
I can only find area, interior (sq ft) which returns no value

Do you know the macro for 'Interior Dimensions' so I can enter it manually.  I tried using %room.area.interior% but it doesn't return any value.
 1155325764_ScreenShot2023-08-11at11_30_11AM.thumb.png.09a1db456ec98ff2f3eb748032a3e7f0.png

4 hours ago, DefinedDesign said:

I can only find area, interior (sq ft) which returns no value

Do you know the macro for 'Interior Dimensions' so I can enter it manually.  I tried using %room.area.interior% but it doesn't return any value.
 1155325764_ScreenShot2023-08-11at11_30_11AM.thumb.png.09a1db456ec98ff2f3eb748032a3e7f0.png

You are showing them in your schedule already?
Also it would be helpful if you give more info for these requests...as I can only assume you were putting room in your attempt because you were trying to reference the dimensions vs the owner data from the room publisher...but that's just a guess..what are you trying to do?

21 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

what are you trying to do?

My volume was not calculating correctly and I was advised to change to "interior dimensions" in your schedule, instead of "standard dimensions", as they thought the "volume" calculation uses interior numbers.

31 minutes ago, DefinedDesign said:

Thanks for the macro, could not get this to work.  I went ahead and sent to the HVAC trade and told him the room volume was not accurate. 

2048519192_ScreenShot2023-08-12at12_43_31PM.thumb.png.bf36aa3e779a4bd1f195aa6044d0249d.png

Sorry Lisa,

In the Room Schedule you should just use %interior_area%.

The key is that you are already specifying the room.

-Joe

• Like 1

On 8/11/2023 at 11:37 AM, DefinedDesign said:

Yes. But I forgot that "volume" was not yet an option in the room schedule in X12. My apologies. :wacko:

However, it is weird that your Interior Area (Sq Ft) is not calculating. 

• Like 1