Dimension Spacing

Jonathan3891

In autocad, there is a tool to space your dimensions a set distance apart, I like to space them 3/8" in paper space. Is there a way to do this in Chief Architect?

Currently I'm drawing lines to space my dimenions a set distance. Is there a quicker way to do this?

I think the "line separation" under the "general" page only affects the baseline dimensions.  You have to change it in "setup automatic" if you want to change it for your automatic dimensions.

I don't think these settings have any affect on manual dimensions though (so I have to agree with Kenoeightspot that you could use your grid spacing to help with this).  At least, I have never figured out how to make them work for manual dimensions so maybe there is a good feature request here somewhere.

15 hours ago, Jonathan3891 said:

Is there a quicker way to do this?

I use Proximity Fixed to do this. The distance is set in inches so you have to adjust for scale used in layout.

image.thumb.png.61ab7d14008a0aa8372d40076bdc39df.pngimage.thumb.png.052327d3340f078765fae49e34a7eb4b.png

Form some dimensions, such as those shown above, I use it in conjunction with a Default Set that changes both the layerset and the dimension default BUT puts all the dimensions on the same layer (unless I need something else)