ADA SIGNAGE

winterdd

7 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

What are you looking for, what do you mean? it seems like you just provided what you needed in the post. Are you refering to some sort of object, material, dwg?

Thats a screenshot off the internet of what I am needing.....I did the design for an engineer of a bathroom and the city is requiring men and women signs on the doors on the elevations. I also forgot how to add the material/image to an object/pline solid if that is what you are asking.

Just now, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Thats a screenshot off the internet of what I am needing.....I did the design for an engineer of a bathroom and the city is requiring men and women signs on the doors on the elevations. I also forgot how to add the material/image to an object/pline solid if that is what you are asking.

You can just click in your librar to add a material and drop that image in the texture panel with size set to stretch to fit, then click on it in library and spray on a solid

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Renerabbitt said:

You can just click in your librar to add a material and drop that image in the texture panel with size set to stretch to fit, then click on it in library and spray on a solid

I send all views to layout in "vector". The sign doesn't show up but it does in perspective view. Would you send the elevations to layout in "standard"? Your method worked great....btw

image.thumb.png.4e640c75406ec2525b4f62c3856ed299.pngimage.thumb.png.a1fcdc1e1a6a100a397508de53abc9f0.png

43 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I send all views to layout in "vector". The sign doesn't show up but it does in perspective view. Would you send the elevations to layout in "standard"? Your method worked great....btw

image.thumb.png.4e640c75406ec2525b4f62c3856ed299.pngimage.thumb.png.a1fcdc1e1a6a100a397508de53abc9f0.png

Read up on the difference between textures and patterns.  Hint vector views use patterns, the other views use textures.

Here's a dumb question, wouldn't that step up make it a little hard for a person in a wheelchair actually get into that bathroom? ;)

Using the sign as a texture in a material will only display in a render view and not in a vector view.  You could try converting the texture into a pattern for the material but I when I tried I didn't think it looked very good.  If you just need it to display in an elevation view, you could always just use File>Import Picture and use a picture box instead.  Resize as needed and make sure you bring it to the front.  Easy, peasy.

ada sign.png

21 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Would you send the elevations to layout in "standard"?

No, I wouldn't. In the elevation vector view, I'd just drag in the image file and move it to that location. You'll need to re-size it and adjust the drawing order as dragged-in images are in the back.