How can I swap in a Rev A Shelf trash pullout for a drawerbox in a base cabinet?

GeneDavis

55 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

See the image.  

Is this going to be one of those workarounds?  Make the cabinet as having an opening there instead of the door/drawerhead with d'box behind, then drop in the accessory symbol (the RAS trash rollout) and a all-by-itself door?

Screenshot 2022-09-17 101006.jpg

Think of it as a shelf.

I'm showing the client what the cab insides look like, just the ones with rollout trays, shelf divider panels, and trash and spice pullouts.  This, so there are no surprises.

Pics are much better than descriptions.

Chief does shelves behind hinged doors, but not behind drawers.  I got what I was after changing the cab front to "opening" where the door was, and using loose parts and manually positioning them for the staged shot shown below.  After that I changed the cab back to one with a fixed panel door, and specified the RevAShelf kit in the comments.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 103213.jpg

3 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

I'm showing the client what the cab insides look like, just the ones with rollout trays, shelf divider panels, and trash and spice pullouts.  This, so there are no surprises.

Pics are much better than descriptions.

Chief does shelves behind hinged doors, but not behind drawers.  I got what I was after changing the cab front to "opening" where the door was, and using loose parts and manually positioning them for the staged shot shown below.  After that I changed the cab back to one with a fixed panel door, and specified the RevAShelf kit in the comments.

Screenshot 2022-09-17 103213.jpg

Next time just add it to the cabinet and select 50% open and you can show open and closed and have the specs built in.

Show me how to do it with the 5349-18DM trashbin pullout, and show it pulling out like a drawer, which is what it does.  A door panel fixes to the front of the RAS unit.

Here is my cabinet.

And when you succeed at that, show us how to take out the top drawer, make the whole height of the cabinet an empty carcase, then do the RAS trash at the bottom, attached to the full height door panel, and a roll out tray above it.  Show the trash 100 percent pulled out, the upper rollout drawer 50 percent.

trash.plan

10 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Now do the hidden drawer.

image.thumb.png.475329a4bbbdc4ebc12ceab683c595e0.png

Might start looking at manipulating the symbols themselves: origins, stretch planes/zones, bounding box.

This along with recent requests in suggestions are fairly simply doable in Chief when you consider how Chief works (rather than how it doesn't act like some other program)