Modifying columns in Chiefs library

capitaldesigns

I am working on a pool cabana and using square columns from Chiefs library.

Is there an easy way to modify Chiefs columns ? Chiefs column has a 12" high molding
at the top and bottom of the columns. I would like to reduce them to 4" high. I also would like

to vertically lengthen the panel molding on each side of the column.

I have attached the file I am working on.

Thanks,

Mike

Carney-Cabana 1.plan

10 hours ago, capitaldesigns said:

I am working on a pool cabana and using square columns from Chiefs library.

Is there an easy way to modify Chiefs columns ? Chiefs column has a 12" high molding
at the top and bottom of the columns. I would like to reduce them to 4" high. I also would like

to vertically lengthen the panel molding on each side of the column.

I have attached the file I am working on.

Thanks,

Mike

Carney-Cabana 1.plan 8.14 MB · 0 downloads

You might be able to convert to a symbol then define stretch planes for the areas you want to change. That's a bit over my pay grade but maybe the smart guys can help? Building from scratch is not a bad option as Tommy has suggested.

4 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

You might be able to convert to a symbol then define stretch planes for the areas you want to change. That's a bit over my pay grade but maybe the smart guys can help? Building from scratch is not a bad option as Tommy has suggested.

Actually, if you copy the Chief Column to your user Library you can set Stretch Planes there.  You can change any other aspects as well.

• Upvote 1

Also be aware that Chief sizes it's columns from the outermost trim.  A 10" Chief column will have a much narrower shaft (7"?).  Chief's top trim is out of proportion to stock sizes. 

Since columns are ordered by shaft size, you'll have to do the math to get the proper size and look.  In the long run, it's better to make your own.

• Like 1