Anybody used a QR on a con doc to link to Chief's 3D Viewer?

GeneDavis

I just did and wonder how it will turn out for the users.  I tried it using my iPhone and it works nicely, but am wondering how someone viewing the .pdf with a PC might get to it.  Maybe I should include the URL on the doc.  I can then be cut and pasted into one's browser.

An iPad should do it nicely just like the phone did.

If you have Acrobat you can place an invisible hotlink so the QR code can just be clicked to open the Viewer.

If you use the full URL in chief it can be clicked rather than pasted but they are getting a bit long and bulky to make that look right and safe to click.

Place a plain text box and then place the address in the Link panel.

But obviously that is not going to work in the con doc - it will only work in the Chief plan file when you click on Follow Hyperlink on the Edit toolbar.

Besides Adobe you can insert links using Bluebeam Revu, TurgbPDF (which is a version of Foxit), PDFExchange pro. and likely several others. Some of those even allow you to bookmark the pages of your PDF based on "areas" like your page number label and page title with a about 4 clicks. More advance ones like current version of Blubeam (mine is older) will automatically make a table of contents from those page links and add that to the front of the document.

Example Pages from Grandview-13.pdf

46 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

Yes.  Hyperlink in Chief!  How?

Adobe reader will recognize a properly formatted text link in a PDF.  It would be nice if chief would pass it on from the Standard Text option that we already have but so far nothing but the feature Adobe offers everyone.