Windows 11

builtright3

28 minutes ago, Electromen said:

I tried Windows 11 in a brand new PC with NVIDIA 3080 Ti 12GB VRAM and it crashed constantly in 3D views.

I went back to Windows 10

Me too......a lot of crashes in 3d views. Windows 11 came on the PC I got two week ago. I save constantly since "down time" is not an option to figure it out. Time is money.

29 minutes ago, Electromen said:

I tried Windows 11 in a brand new PC with NVIDIA 3080 Ti 12GB VRAM and it crashed constantly in 3D views.

I went back to Windows 10

Not sure if this has anything to do with your situation but when my program crashed I would have to disable the "Nahimic Service" and then everything would work fine.

But I noticed that I haven't had the problem lately since I updated to Chief x13 but it could also have something to do with the NVIDIA card updates.

image.thumb.png.e3b3ede22043f8b3f18104392ef31b09.png

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Me too......a lot of crashes in 3d views. Windows 11 came on the PC I got two week ago. I save constantly since "down time" is not an option to figure it out. Time is money.

Try disabling the "Nahimic Service" as per my last post and see if it corrects your problem.

• Upvote 1

We have recently had to update our list of known incompatibilities to include a new section about Windows 11 and Nvidia Series 30 video cards.  I am not aware of any known problems with the GTX 1070 card.

Windows 11 with NVIDIA 30 Series Graphics

• Products & Versions Affected: Chief Architect X13 and Home Designer 2022
  • Platform: Windows 11 with NVIDIA RTX 30 series graphics
  • Description: Software closes unexpectedly and then presents the following error: "An internal rendering error has occurred: device removed" typically when opening a camera view or a dialog with a preview window.
  • Solution: There appears to be an incompatibility between Windows 11 and the NVIDIA drivers. At this time, the best solution is to roll back to Windows 10. We are currently working closely with NVIDIA; however, an expected resolution date has not been set. If you'd like, you can contact NVIDIA Support as well. This will help them gauge how this issue is affecting their customers and may also give them an opportunity to collect additional information to help resolve the problem: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/consumer/

16 hours ago, Dermot said:

We have recently had to update our list of known incompatibilities to include a new section about Windows 11 and Nvidia Series 30 video cards.  I am not aware of any known problems with the GTX 1070 card.

Windows 11 with NVIDIA 30 Series Graphics

• Products & Versions Affected: Chief Architect X13 and Home Designer 2022
  • Platform: Windows 11 with NVIDIA RTX 30 series graphics
  • Description: Software closes unexpectedly and then presents the following error: "An internal rendering error has occurred: device removed" typically when opening a camera view or a dialog with a preview window.
  • Solution: There appears to be an incompatibility between Windows 11 and the NVIDIA drivers. At this time, the best solution is to roll back to Windows 10. We are currently working closely with NVIDIA; however, an expected resolution date has not been set. If you'd like, you can contact NVIDIA Support as well. This will help them gauge how this issue is affecting their customers and may also give them an opportunity to collect additional information to help resolve the problem: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/support/consumer/

Yes, when I went through this I spoke to tech support at Chief and also to NVIDIA. I believe it was NVIDIA that asked me to disable the "Nahimic Service".
I spent countless hours on this and waisted a bunch of time doing 
research. Disabling the "Nahimic Service" didn't seem to affect anything else on my system so I just gave up and stopped trying to solve the problem. I just disabled and moved on.

5 hours ago, builtright3 said:

Yes, when I went through this I spoke to tech support at Chief and also to NVIDIA. I believe it was NVIDIA that asked me to disable the "Nahimic Service".
I spent countless hours on this and waisted a bunch of time doing 
research. Disabling the "Nahimic Service" didn't seem to affect anything else on my system so I just gave up and stopped trying to solve the problem. I just disabled and moved on.

Joe, are you using Windows 11 and X13 now?  

8 hours ago, Electromen said:

Just to be clear,   Are you using Windows 11?

I misread your last post so sorry if I confused you.

I am not using windows 11 yet. That's why I started this thread. I was afraid that is might cause complications and I cant afford to mess up my computer right now.

17 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

The problem with Win 11, is if you have a 3000 series Videocard Joe .....  though some of use have issues with Win10 and even MacOs

Chief has now acknowledged that issue in their Known Incompatibilities .....

I believe my card is a 1070 if I'm reading it right in signature