Corner NanaWall

jtcapa1

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

It is a thing.  Thanks Chopsaw.  I just wish your answer was a bit more verbose.

I tried several things and almost got it looking right.  Almost.

So basically here are the steps:

1. you cannot use ANY type of door opening tool, Use the Window Pass-Thru to generate and opening ( I can get very close using a pocket door and tweaking the settings)
  2. Modify the height of the pass thru to mirror the type and style of NanaWall you want to use
  3. Then try like hell to drag the ends of the two openings past the corner...
  4. turn off all casings inside and out
  5. turn off window frame
  6. grab center of opening and pull past corner for both openings

Then if your lucky, there will be no corner?

I still get a tiny corner, and I'm stuck on how to now get the Cero door by NanaWall to insert into that opening.

What steps am I missing??

That was it. But it only works when you have two in place.  When you place one and go to that tab the corner post check box is greyed out.  Not till you add a second one is it available to uncheck.  Work great.

What doesn't work is trying to insert the Cero door.

What do you mean by "turn everything off?"

That NanaWall door wants a full wall to insert, so how do you "drag it into position"?

• Solution
46 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

What do you mean by "turn everything off?"

I turned off Casing, Sill/Threshold, Lintel, Jamb...   Just the Door. 

image.thumb.png.9779841b1ddb805a14e67d3deee152bd.png

46 minutes ago, jtcapa1 said:

That NanaWall door wants a full wall to insert, so how do you "drag it into position"?

In my posted example I was able to place it beside the Pass Through but you could temporarily reduce the Pass Through if necessary.  Then just drag it overtop in 3D and tweak the precision in plan view.  Not completely sure if the two doors can close at the corner the way the software is currently working but Nana likely has a special 90° adapter for that anyway. You could add a symbol for that and turn it on when the door is closed and off when it is open.

image.thumb.png.a11b767ab97bb71e43f5c4cfae76c55f.png

I got it to work with some fussing from 2-d to 3d.  Seems a bit easier to make the final adjustments in 3-d.

Such an odd work-around, but it does work to insert a pocket door into a window pass-thru.  Who'd have thunk that?

Supporting the roof with steel beams is pretty easy on new construction, but much harder on existing with an expansion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jtcapa1 said:

I got it to work with some fussing from 2-d to 3d.  Seems a bit easier to make the final adjustments in 3-d.

Such an odd work-around, but it does work to insert a pocket door into a window pass-thru.  Who'd have thunk that?

Supporting the roof with steel beams is pretty easy on new construction, but much harder on existing with an expansion.

Unless someone posts that all of the futzing is not necessary you may want to take a minute to send in your completed plan file and explain what you needed to do to make it all work.

Perhaps they could allow the "No Corner Post" setting for doors to make it just a little easier in X14.   With a note that pops up....   " Please Consult your Structural Engineer " ;)

I noticed that after working on the interior of the kitchen, I lost that invisible corner and the corner came back.  Very frustrating.

Turns out that the "pass-thru" window vanished and I had to reinsert it again, but this time I just made it really small with "no corner" checked

and then dragged them both to the corner and beyond.  Then dropped in the NanaWall door and dragged it into the corner overlapping the 

pass-thru.  That seemed to work.

Now I just need some of Rene's PBR magic and Chad's landscaping mastery to make these pop.

KitchenDoorsExt.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I followed Rene's tutorial on making a symbol.  It took me half a day, but I finally got a good symbol that gives me decent results.

The frame cuts the wall nicely and has stretch planes that work well with 2x6 walls.

Now that it is done, I can insert much faster than the above work-arounds.

3dCornerDoorFinal.jpg

3dCornerDoorFinalFrameonly.jpg

as Chopsaw stated if a "workaround" / "futzing" works

that is a good sign that Chief is capable of having a dedicated tool to achieve the task in the future

send it to suggestions - and maybe - just maybe - some future release will add that feature

Lew