Monitor stands

Hammer7

That is exactly what I was planning on if I could not find one.  I like my large 50" monitor but I want to put it down lower for my bifocal condition.  There is so much illumination from the monitors that I shut off the overhead.

BTW I sent you a separate message about macros..

I have a bifocal situation also. My optometrist made me a set of glasses with a single script for my monitor distance. They have worked well. When I am in the field doing as built I have to switch back and forth. For long sessions the glasses work great. 

I second the suggestion of getting glasses specifically for monitor distance.  I would also be concerned of neck strain of that stand and the distance difference from top to bottom of the screen increasing eye strain (even people with great eyesight experience eye strain adjusting eye focus so frequently) 

I have zero ability to adjust focus (surgery not age related) and although I usually wear multifocal contact lenses I have glasses to wear over them to fix any residual astigmatism (affects sharpness and contrast) as well as adjust focal length to be perfect for the distance I work at.  I similarly have glasses just for monitor distance to use when not wearing contact lenses.

Both options give me sharp vision on my 6 x 32" 4K monitors (so large area and small text) something neither bi-focal glasses with the height issue and just two fixed focal lenses, or varifocal with distortion at the edges could do.  I also found a significant drop in eye fatigue with this approach.

I buy these various non full correction glasses online at sub $40 (often around $25) a pair as my optometrist said their systems weren't really geared up for anything other than my normal full correction/varifocal glasses and also extremely expensive.

Glasses. For years I've worn 35mm (blueprint) trifocals and had a pair of single vision computer glasses. I almost never used the single vision since switching to read paper was such a pain. Recently got a pair of 35mm bifocals set for reading at the bottom and computer at the top. Has made a big difference, less eye and neck strain. The only downside is they work so well that I often get up and start out of the room with them on and don't realize I can't see distance properly until I walk into the door jamb:wub:

Adjustable TV Stand
I upgraded to a Sony 50" 4k. The larger size is great but you have to decide on your physical setup. You have to keep the monitor low enough not to hurt your neck from too high of a sight angle. I moved my toolbars to the bottom of the screen which helped a lot. Then, I moved the new 50" monitor just off of my desk and mounted on an 
adjustable floor stand which works really great. I highly recommend this stand. I lowered the tv to just above the desk and do not use the shelf.

730944858_tvstandtemp.thumb.jpg.b10a7fa001617254a27c181123c0537b.jpg

• Upvote 1