Designer1

Construction Documentation

Where is a good resource for looking at a good standard rule of thumb for construction documentation?  Ive noticed that the books I have on it, architecture firms ive worked at and interior design firms drawings vary so much.  Ive heard that the AIA has the best standard but when I checked online you have to become a member to get any info on CDs.  Im just trying to see how in alignment I am with a good standard of drawings.  Ive seen such a huge variation its hard to decifer whats a good standard.

Thanks!

Chad,

I just contacted the permit offices in the area I work in and they provided me a list of their requirement.

Lots if difference from one to another. Thankfully mine are not nearly as bad a some

Have a great week,Ken

This is a sheet I have used over the years. Was shared with me when I started out on my own. I'm sure I need to updated it again, the Feb update didn't fix some of the code changes. 

MDP Plan_Check_List.pdf

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joey_martin said:

This is a sheet I have used over the years. Was shared with me when I started out on my own. I'm sure I need to updated it again, the Feb update didn't fix some of the code changes. 

MDP Plan_Check_List.pdf

Thanks Joey , didn't you used to have a nice Layout in the Samples Gallery here ? seems it is no longer available....

M. 

Thanks everyone, I appreciate your help and input.  Yeah being in San Francisco bay area Im sure we have the worst and most tedious expectations for everything.  Nothing simple out here.:wacko: