EngelsmaHomes

Reversing plan - advice on process?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

 

Looking for a good process to reverse my plans as needed. I have a couple different relating questions:

 

1. I've been using Edit > Edit Area > Edit Area (All Floors) and mirroring over a line. I saw recently that there is a reverse plan tool (Tools > Reverse Plan). Does this essentially do the same thing? Any differences?

2. Is there a good way to reverse your elevation views and preserve dimensions/notes/ect?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my experience, I would not use the reverse plan tool.

I draw a line off to one side of the plan to use the mirror tool.

I turn on all layers the unlock all layers. Use the "Edit Area" tool with "All floors" & mirror about the line.

The problems I had were mostly electrical connections if you mirror within the existing plan.

Like when you draw a line down the middle of the plan to mirror about.

Seem a lot of automatic thinks get confused unless you mirror to an unusedd area of the plan.

Make sure you create back plan before you start.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

In my experience, I would not use the reverse plan tool.

I draw a line off to one side of the plan to use the mirror tool.

 

 

Just to find the consensus, Is this other people's experience as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

In my experience, I would not use the reverse plan tool.

I draw a line off to one side of the plan to use the mirror tool.

Ditto

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. Any thoughts on reversing elevation views and preserving notes and dimensions per above?

4 hours ago, EngelsmaHomes said:

...

2. Is there a good way to reverse your elevation views and preserve dimensions/notes/ect?

...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is one reason to mirror the house some distance away from the original position.

Front & rear are easy, you just draw a vertical line and mirror the objects and move them into position.

Left & right will require you to select the text & dims make into a block, then cut & paste into the opposite elevation view.

That's what I do.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think, in all 15 of my years with Chief, that I have not used the reverse plan tool. There will be some text items that need fixed, and you will need to make a couple adjustments with elevation and section cameras. Not sure what happens with a line and edit area tool.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, EngelsmaHomes said:

Thanks guys. Any thoughts on reversing elevation views and preserving notes and dimensions per above?

If you mirror the plan then the elevations taken from it should also be reversed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 3/16/2020 at 6:02 AM, EngelsmaHomes said:

I saw recently that there is a reverse plan tool (Tools > Reverse Plan). Does this essentially do the same thing? Any differences?

 

No.  Definitely not the same thing.  I believe the original intent of the Reverse Plan tool was to flip the building on the lot because it will NOT reverse any terrain items.  This is the most notable difference, but in addition, the Reverse Plan tool will flip elevation cameras while Edit Area will not and Edit Area gives you much more refined control over what gets flipped. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

 

 

No.  Definitely not the same thing.  I believe the original intent of the Reverse Plan tool was to flip the building on the lot because it will NOT reverse any terrain items.  This is the most notable difference, but in addition, the Reverse Plan tool will flip elevation cameras while Edit Area will not and Edit Area gives you much more refined control over what gets flipped. 

 

If the Reverse Plan tool allows me to keep the saved elevation, I'd probably be willing to reverse the terrain myself. I'll have to test both ways i guess.

 

On 3/16/2020 at 3:42 PM, ACADuser said:

That is one reason to mirror the house some distance away from the original position.

Front & rear are easy, you just draw a vertical line and mirror the objects and move them into position.

Left & right will require you to select the text & dims make into a block, then cut & paste into the opposite elevation view.

That's what I do.

 

 

Good advice - I think this is likely the way I will have to go!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    28628
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    ProfNaki
    Newest Member
    ProfNaki
    Joined