Recommended Posts

I just had a set of plans rejected because my Code Reference was to the 2016 CRC.  I didn't even know the 2019 had been adopted.

 

Does anyone know if there have been changes from the 2016 CRC?  If so, what are the changes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're are still on Florida Building Code 2017.

It always irritated me that the building department communicates via Red Tags!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

It always irritated me that the building department communicates via Red Tags!

:wub:

 

San Diego County still accepts 2016.  San Diego City doesn't.  PITA

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

most cities and county's around here are 2019 codes including 2019 energy and California Green codes. I downloaded my free copies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a statewide (California) requirement to update to the current 2019 CRC. There are plenty of summaries available online. Just Google it. Why is this a surprise? It changes every three years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.lodielectric.com/DocumentCenter/View/2937/2019-CA-Building-Code--Residential-Code-Significant-Changes-PDF

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2020 at 2:48 PM, Joe_Carrick said:

:wub:

 

San Diego County still accepts 2016.  San Diego City doesn't.  PITA

 

Joe,  I was flagged by the county,  they are using the 2019 code.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dshall said:

 

Joe,  I was flagged by the county,  they are using the 2019 code.

Yep.  I've updated my Code List Text Block for all jurisdictions.

 

This has been a rather annoying time.  Submit for Plan Check - 2 months later get the plans back - make corrections - resubmit and the Code has changed - resubmit with new Code reference.  Arrrgh !!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

....... - 2 months later get the plans back ........

 

.....  and that is not an exaggeration.  It is getting ridiculous.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Yep.  I've updated my Code List Text Block for all jurisdictions.

 

This has been a rather annoying time.  Submit for Plan Check - 2 months later get the plans back - make corrections - resubmit and the Code has changed - resubmit with new Code reference.  Arrrgh !!!

Generally, whichever Code you submit under (based on the date of the permit application) remains the governing Code for the project. For example, many people were racing to get plans submitted before the end of the year under the 2016 Energy Code because the 2019 requirements were far more draconian. Did the plan checker tell you that you had to submit under the new Code, or did you just assume that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richard,

 

San Diego is a much different place to work.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Richard,

 

San Diego is a much different place to work.  

May be. But they still use the date the building permit application is complete -- i.e. the date they take it in as ready for review, not the date the permit is approved -- to set the governing Code cycle. This is on their website, and is pretty much the policy everywhere in California.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Richard_Morrison said:

May be. But they still use the date the building permit application is complete -- i.e. the date they take it in as ready for review, not the date the permit is approved -- to set the governing Code cycle. This is on their website, and is pretty much the policy everywhere in California.

That's good to know, but it's pretty much irrelevant.  There are not many changes from 2016 to 2019 and I only have one project that was submitted in 2016 and hasn't been permitted yet so I've just changed the reference to be the 2019 code.  It's easier to make that change than to worry about it.

 

Maybe I can program my macro to automatically update every 3 years.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27648
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    DarrinKoone
    Newest Member
    DarrinKoone
    Joined