Wall Elevation Symbol

4hotshoez

Those are "Camera Callouts" and the size is controlled by the text size.  You need to look at your Defaults for "Camera" to set up so that they are automatically smaller - or you can just "Right Click" and "Open" to get at the settings for any specific camera.  The Text Style that's probably controlling would be "Camera Label Style"

Another way to get at the setting is to open the Object Settings and edit the Text Style.

Those are "Camera Callouts" and the size is controlled by the text size.  You need to look at your Defaults for "Camera" to set up so that they are automatically smaller - or you can just "Right Click" and "Open" to get at the settings for any specific camera.  The Text Style that's probably controlling would be "Camera Label Style"

Another way to get at the setting is to open the Object Settings and edit the Text Style.

Joe I have tried all of these things and might be missing the obvious , but I am not seeing the text control I don't see a "Camera Label Style"

Joe I have tried all of these things and might be missing the obvious , but I am not seeing the text control I don't see a "Camera Label Style"

Todd,

Right Click on a Callout and select "Object Layer Properties".

Then select the "Camera Callout" Line.

At the bottom of the dbx you will see a selection for "Text Style".

That's what you need to edit.

post-47-0-15289900-1412020518_thumb.jpg

OK, so click on Copy, then edit the Name and anything else you need to get a new Text Style that you can use just for Camera Callouts.  The list you have is just what CA provides OOB.  You need to expand and customize - there are many cases you might find in the future where you want something different.

I a not sure I get it. I understand copy of a text style, but how does this get connected to the camera callouts that I do not see? I am not seeing how this gets the answer to my original question. I must be missing a step or a concept. Is there a link that explains what you are doing?

Todd,

The text size will only control the size of the Camera Callout if the Automatic setting is checked in it's dbx on the Plan Display panel. 

So...best to forget the automatic text style thing and do it manually - then you get exactly the size that you want.

You can manually control the size of the Camera Callout by opening it's dbx, going to the Plan Display panel and unchecking Automatic for the Callout Size. You can then specify a custom size.

The camera callout will not display in the plan or layout once you have sent it to layout and you don't have the camera view open, and you uncheck the display of the "Cameras, Inactive" and the "Cameras, Labels" layers. 

The fact that you send it to Layout, saves the camera, even though the Camera Callout is not displaying.

I will disagree with Glenn this time.

Once you have the Text Style that you want for Camera Callouts you simply assign that Text Style to the Cameras, Inactive Layer.  That way every new Camera Callout (and any existing as well) will use that Text Style.  Otherwise you would have to edit each Camera - which is a PITA

How can I change the wall Elevation symbol, make it smaller, or remove it? I have tried to turn layers off, but nothing. I have tried settings but now I need help please.

See attachment below...The way the camera label is displayed can be customized quite a bit.  Specific to your question, you can change the callout size to something smaller or even zero and delete the label. 

Not sure why you can't get the callouts to disappear by turning the layer off.  I would guess the cameras are actually open or you accidentally placed them on a different layer that is still on.

post-46-0-98930400-1412180200_thumb.png

I have been complaining that it would be nice to be able to copy camera's b/c I'm tired of having to set each one. One way to deal with this is to already have the cameras and sections in you template plan, which is what I do now, it really saves a lot of time for me. If I need a new camera I have to set it up but I have 12 section cameras and 4 elevation cameras and 8 wall cameras saved in the plan and by the way , they are already sent to the layout. Nice time saver.