Nudging & Set Snap Grid Distance ?

ACADuser

Joe,

I know how to lock a layer, I want a button. Enough already with the menu train. :)

I want more buttons!

Sorry couldn't help myself.  <sick humor>

I  figured that is what you wanted,  FYI,  I can lock the layer in 3 clicks,  SELECT OBJECT<HIT 9<CLICK LOCK LAYER,  I am assuming with ACAD you can do it in two clicks,  SELECT OBJECT<LOCK LAYER,  if this is what you want,  I get it,  2 clicks vs my 3 clicks.........  I am always for quicker ways of  doing things.

Sorry,  I have enough trouble trying to remember more than about 10 Hot Keys - and I'm constantly searching for the right button as it is.  There are so many buttons already and they're so small that I am seriously considering a 75" 4K TV as a monitor. I'm going to need cataract surgery sometime in the next year or two to eliminate the glare.  It's a real simple operation ( about $2000 ) and it eliminates the blurriness and glare.

Sorry,  I have enough trouble trying to remember more than about 10 Hot Keys - and I'm constantly searching for the right button as it is.  There are so many buttons already and they're so small that I am seriously considering a 75" 4K TV as a monitor. I'm going to need cataract surgery sometime in the next year or two to eliminate the glare.  It's a real simple operation ( about $2000 ) and it eliminates the blurriness and glare.

Joe,

I just had cataract surgery, but not for cataracts.

I was both long and short sighted which meant wearing multi focals 100% of the time, which is a real hassle for sports, etc.

I had my old lenses removed and replaced with Zeiss Intraocular lenses.

I now have better than 20/20 vision and no glasses for the rest of my life - fantastic!

I  figured that is what you wanted,  FYI,  I can lock the layer in 3 clicks,  SELECT OBJECT<HIT 9<CLICK LOCK LAYER,  I am assuming with ACAD you can do it in two clicks,  SELECT OBJECT<LOCK LAYER,  if this is what you want,  I get it,  2 clicks vs my 3 clicks.........  I am always for quicker ways of  doing things.

In ACAD all it takes is one click, because you can have a dockable window open that displays all the layers, their properties (color, line style, etc), states (locked, hidden, etc), layer filters (layer sets), etc. ACAD also has dockable windows for object properties, referenced files - a whole bunch of stuff. This is a strength of ACAD that CA should try to implement so we aren't slaves to the multiple levels of dbxs.

• Upvote 1

It's a real simple operation ( about $2000 ) and it eliminates the blurriness and glare

Joe:

I just had both eyes done and while I have much sharper vision

I also have "clouds"

they then shot laser beams at the clouds but still have many more :(

surgery and laser were both painless and no issues there

I suffered from glare before and still do

Lew