rockyshepheard

Garage doors always shows edge of garage floor

Have any others had this experience before? Seems unavoidable given that the floor is auto generated and that the garage doors are placed inside the wall automatically.

I tried moving the door toward the driveway but I cannot.  Any creative solutions?

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!

fg.jpg

I think if you define that room as a garage, you wont have a wood floor and it will display properly

• Upvote 1

I'm a little confused. Those framing members you see running through your garage door are sill plates. Re-build the framing to get those to go away. As far as moving the garage door forward, the garage door will be mounted on tracks at the back of the framing.....no moving it forwards. Raise your exterior apron to the same level as the garage slab.

• Upvote 1

It seems you do have some structural issues to deal with as Robert and Joey have indicated.   There does however seem to be a slight alignment issue in x10 with the door jamb and door where the default settings will show a little strip framing outside the door jamb.  If you adjust the door thickness it does not seem to have any effect on the door but rather the jamb is what changes.  But as Joey says that is all wrong anyway, it just makes it look a little better from the outside.

I don’t know about you all, but I see the floor level in the garage as clearly higher than the driveway and bottom of garage door. That’s the first issue. 

• Upvote 1

If he would post his plan,  somebody would fix it for him in less than 6.83 minutes. 

15 plus hours now and counting......  hey...  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  Go Cowboys and go San Diego Chargers (they will always be San Diego to me)

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Michael_Gia said:

I don’t know about you all, but I see the floor level in the garage as clearly higher than the driveway and bottom of garage door. That’s the first issue. 

Look through the windows of the garage door. No room definition, no garage slab....a lot of things going on here that need to be addressed before even calling that room a garage. Placing 3 overhead doors in the wall, does not a garage make.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

Look through the windows of the garage door. No room definition, no garage slab....a lot of things going on here that need to be addressed before even calling that room a garage. Placing 3 overhead doors in the wall, does not a garage make.

I see a room with molding.  I bet he has called that a room,  built a foundation below and then.....  put the garage doors in the room wall (not foundation wall) and then moved the garage doors down 12"???  

I just tried it...  that is how he built it.

1799221303_ScreenShot2018-11-22at7_37_21AM.thumb.png.28673d2be20661a8271caf68208291d8.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 7.38.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 7.37.21 AM.png

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, dshall said:

I see a room with molding.  I bet he has called that a room,  built a foundation below and then.....  put the garage doors in the room wall (not foundation wall) and then moved the garage doors down 12"???  

I just tried it...  that is how he built it.

1799221303_ScreenShot2018-11-22at7_37_21AM.thumb.png.28673d2be20661a8271caf68208291d8.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 7.38.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-11-22 at 7.37.21 AM.png

By George, I think you’ve got it!

• Upvote 1

So to solve his issue,  I suppose all he needs to do is to go to the room at level one and designate the structure as FLOOR SUPPLIED BY ROOM BELOW,  there....  I just solved the worlds largest problem.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, dshall said:

rIf he would post his plan,  somebody would fix it for him in less than 6.83 minutes. 

15 plus hours now and counting......  hey...  Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.  Go Cowboys and go San Diego Chargers (they will always be San Diego to me)

You have to just let go my friend, the name is " Los Angles Chargers now. I know it's painful but you always have the Padres and great weather..

• Upvote 1