Exterior Renderings

mcrump

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mcrump.............If you don't mind me asking. How is the large roof with the cathedral ceiling going to be constructed? That's a long span with a lot of width for a cathedral ceiling. The cathedral ceiling looks like it goes all the way to the ridge with no collar ties of any kind. I did not download it, so I'm just observing from the pictures.

Very nice Barton. I imported the vehicles from the Google Warehouse. Upon reflection, mine do seem large. I am going to import my

model into Lumion 4.5 and render and animate it to see how it looks just for kicks and giggles.

Greg: thanks!

Sherry and Michael: regarding the vehicle size - I didn't realize that they were too big on the first set of ray traces that I did, although something didn't seem correct, just kind of an odd feeling. It wasn't until I moved one of them to put it in a parking space that I realized the problem (it was way too big to fit). Anyway, I did a little research on the dimension specs for a 'hearse' and scaled down the vehicles. Changing the size is easy. Open the 'object' dbx, not the symbol dbx, click the 'retain aspect ratio' and make the necessary changes. I also changed the material properties of the vehicles, changing white to 'chrome' and making the body panels reflective to represent a nicely waxed hearse... The people are 3D people from the SketchUp 3D warehouse, the small plants are 3D plants from the CA library.

I'm disappointed at the amount of 'light bleed' that occurred in the night scene - it went 20 passes (about 2 hours).

Barton,

I generally find that the "Light Bleed" is due to fixtures where the Light Source isn't positioned quite right within the Fixture - or it's the wrong type of Light Source.  Getting the position, direction and type of light correct takes some experience - and usually a bit of trial and error - but it seems to always fix the problem.

BTW,  if Jintu wins,  what will it cost me to send a cheap 10" plastic trophy to Manila?  Is it a lot of money?  Jintu,  would you mind picking it up yourself to save me postage?

Nuts,  I better try to win this contest myself to save money.

Just to be 'in the running' with Jintu means a lot to me. For years I have admired the work he has posted on Chief Talk.

Barton,

I generally find that the "Light Bleed" is due to fixtures where the Light Source isn't positioned quite right within the Fixture - or it's the wrong type of Light Source.  Getting the position, direction and type of light correct takes some experience - and usually a bit of trial and error - but it seems to always fix the problem.

Joe, thanks for the tip/suggestion. The light sources are CA. I tried turning off the recessed spots in the vaulted area and initially thought this would be a good way to track down the offending lights because the gable and roof bleeds were gone. BUT, as the number of passes increased, these bleeds crept back in to the point of there being no real difference between images. This is like trying to solve a complicated puzzle - eventually I run out of enthusiasm and interest...

Okay guys,  I have to get to work,  so this is my  submittal,  better than Jintu in my not so humble opinion,  but BB might have me beat.  This is my classic CRAPPY 2  MINUTE RAYTRACE.  

If only McCrump had offered a $50.00 payout,  I may have spent more time.  

Hey McCrump,   please pick me,  it will save me the cost of a cheap 10"plastic trophy.

post-50-0-67646700-1409340090_thumb.jpg