I assume there is a setting that got changed somehow. I cannot change any labels on any item, windows, doors, cabinet, etc. I open the dialog box and when i click on label it does not change the screen to allow me to change them. I have attached picture, you can see how the label is clicked but screen does not show, all other options on the left work. Any thoughts?

Label.JPG

This is pretty simple.  It's a Dishwasher and the Label is the Symbol Name in the Symbol dbx. 

Appliances and Fixtures inserted into Cabinets have some different behaviors than simple cabinets.  In this case, the DW basically replaces the cabinet (there's just a space for the DW.)

Joe, that was just the example I gave, labels do not work in windows, doors, cabinets. You click on the option and the screen does not change. Here's a screen shot of the window dialog trying to change label.

Label Window.JPG

No troubles with labels here I was working with them all day and with no problem

your plan is fine here , it did ask me to replace a Font when I open it though (Blueprintdbt which i dont have I guess)..  I choose Chief Blueprint and all labels are accessible....

--- tried it again without Font replacement and still no issue accessing the label tab.

Might be one for Tech Support come tues. Morning...

Have you tried rebooting your computer?  The very first thing to try when you get strange behavior is to exit and restart the program. If that doesn't solve the problem, often a reboot will.  If that fails, then I would try the uninstall and reinstall.  If nothing works, then I would try contacting tech support.

Thanks, Dermot, I shut down but have not used Chief again since. I will try and see if that works, I have already uninstalled and re-installed twice. Thanks.

I am having the same issue and have tried the restarting/rebooting and reinstalling the program.  Any success in getting yours to work properly?

OK,

1. Open the object dbx
  2. Click on "Label"
  3. Click the "Specify Label" radio button.
  4. You should now be able to type whatever you want in the Label Field.

-Joe

On 9/3/2017 at 2:34 PM, verticalworks said:

I assume there is a setting that got changed somehow. I cannot change any labels on any item, windows, doors, cabinet, etc. I open the dialog box and when i click on label it does not change the screen to allow me to change them. I have attached picture, you can see how the label is clicked but screen does not show, all other options on the left work. Any thoughts?

Label.JPG

You can see that the real tab is "General [dark gray indicator], the "label" blue color indicates mouse over hover.