How to cut a door in half

Alaskan_Son

Made this video at the request of another user.  Just an easy way to cut an existing door symbol in half...

NOTE:  The video basically just goes over cutting a simple door in half but the same basic technique can be utilized to downsize and chop down symbols of all sorts.  It just gets a little more complicated with more complex geometry and may require several extra steps if the symbol isn't a pretty simple rectangular shape.  Maybe when I have a little more time I'll take it a little further for those more complex situations but for now, hopefully this helps some of you guys out and at least get you started.

P.S.  Thanks for the donation Ross.  I appreciate the support : )

• Upvote 9

Michael got 6 rep points for that vid....  I wonder what the record is.....  I have never seen 6 rep  points...  well deserved.....

I have used that method to take a round column and convert to one half column  (plan view).......  but as always,  I learn a few nuggets whenever I watch one of Michael's vids.

• Upvote 1

Michael is a valuable asset around here. He's helped me out quite a few times and I enjoy working with him. I wold love to see a video series by Michael. Maybe someday or by commission. Thanks Michael. I have to ask though... at the end of your video, did someone get her a towel? :lol:

32 minutes ago, Rosco2017 said:

Michael is a valuable asset around here. He's helped me out quite a few times and I enjoy working with him. I wold love to see a video series by Michael. Maybe someday or by commission. Thanks Michael. I have to ask though... at the end of your video, did someone get her a towel? :lol:

Thanks Ross, and that's funny...  I wasn't sure if anyone would catch that or not.  That was my youngest son.  He didn't realize I was in the middle of making a video and I didn't feel like starting over so I just rolled with it.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dshall said:

Michael got 6 rep points for that vid....  I wonder what the record is

There have been more. 

• I got 8 for my Pocket Door Symbols - but it took about 3 years to get that many.
  • I think Wendy got more than that for her Layer Set Video.

IAE, 6 within just a few minutes is really amazing.

I recently got 8 points for telling a bad joke.

The only deal was that 5 of them were positive

and 3 of them were negative. Can't prove it though

as the post has subsequently been pulled. :ph34r: