Decorative window railing, how to?

CA4Ever

I am not suggesting that this is the same style but you could try this one in Sketchup's 3D Warehouse or search a little more but there are some repetitive features that I see and theoretically you could build one in Chief but it would take some time. The benefit would be you get exactly what you want.  Any way to install such a feature I think a symbol would be best.

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/7f4e7a8cc39921ee35b3d63776480dcf/European-Faux-Balcony-8-offset

https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/search.html?q=balcony rail&backendClass=both

Maybe someone has one they would share ?

I Chief one could make such a thing from 3D molding poly-lines, not all that easy or hard but doable. Sketch Up could also be used or as Chopsaw suggests perhaps you might find something usalbe at 3D Warehouse where Sketch Up users share their produce. Personally, I would look there first and if no Joy then I would make my own in Chief.

DJP

5 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

if you don't need that exact one there are a couple of balconies in the Bonus Exterior Attachment Library too.

Capture.JPG

Thanks so much, that will be help, but I am still trying Solver's method.  Much appreciated all your help.

21 hours ago, solver said:

Here is the plan in X9 (just noticed you have X8), forgot to post it earlier.

Consider downloading the X9 trial.

bowed rail.plan

Hi Solver,

I used your attached plan, the problem is I can't move the rail up since but it does not have the elevation reference.  My arch window is 3' by 2' and the top of window is 7' above the finish floor.  I would be fine as I applied balcony in the Bonus Exterior Attachment Library. 

decorative railing.jpg