community college or univ using CA

tinyhouseguy

Hmmm, there was one in VA, a community college, around Blacksburg

but in general I don't know of any having been discussed on this forum since I joined in 2004

and in general I have read every post

you may want to contact CA's customer service - they may know of some

Lew

1 hour ago, javatom said:

North Idaho Community College uses it.  That's in Coeur d'Alene.

What a coincidence.  College in Coeur d'alene and the company in the same city.  a symbiotic relationship....  and some really good golf courses that I plan on visiting during the end of August which coincidently is when CA is holding their UGM.........  is this serendipity  or good planning by me...  a little of both.  

44 minutes ago, DRAWZILLA said:

Scott, are you teaching  one of the courses at the UGM ?

Yes,  I might be teaching one of the courses at the UGM,  can you believe it?  Unless Scott Harris gets mad at me and fires me for cause.  This will be my bi yearly golf trip with my Buddy Bruce and we will playing golf in Idaho and Spokane for a week.  Sometime between the 5th and 6th hole of the Resort course I will swing by CA headquarters and deliver one of the best seminars.....  ever!

But seriously,  for the folks that might be attending,  the seminar I will be giving will be something I wish I had access to 12 years ago.  It's all about putting together a set of house plans/remodel plans.

Perry,  this will be nothing new to you,  it's all about the SAM,  anno  sets,  layer sets,  ref sets,  drawing as-builts,  moving onto preliminary plans,  changing layer sets for LAYER SET FILES for different clients,  using the Perry Macro Method,  using the Joe Carrick window macros,  using the Alaskan Son area macros  (I will not give out their macros,  they must be paid for),  and blah blah blah, ......  stuff you and I have learned over the past 12 years.  I have been thinking of this,  trying to figure out how I get get as much info as possible into 59 minutes.  I asked Scott Harris for 60 minutes of class time and he seemed to thing I could fit everything into 59 minutes,  we will see.....  whatever the time I have will be awesome for our friends.  A lot of good info in 59 minutes.

Perry,  you were probably like me,  we went to the different seminars/meetings to pick  up just one tip.  If I picked up one tip,  I was happy.  I hope that the folks that leave the presentation will pick up at least a half dozen tips. I want them to feel that their trip to the UGM was invaluable........  it will be awesome..........  but quite frankly,  I don't care if nobody learns nothing,  I just want to play golf for 7 straight days in God's Country.  This is going to be an awesome golf trip.

Scott,

I wish I could attend - it sounds like fun.

But covering all that in an hour? I think that may be like pushing **** uphill with a stick.

You will need to skip through it pretty quickly

You will probably need to learn a few more expletives as well!

On 4/13/2017 at 11:43 AM, DRAWZILLA said:

Oh I think you will have a gazillion tips for the masses, wish I could come. Maybe someone can video it and put it on the web site. They sound like fun.

I suppose Chief will have a glimpse of X10 by then

I am doing a presentation but I was also asked to do a video for those folks that would be attending a different presentation than mine  "gasp!!!"

So I am assuming at  one point CA just might make the vid available to the huddled masses.

Glenn,  you are correct,  it is a bunch of 10 kilo stuff to put in a 5 kilo bag.  I will  skip the how to's and concentrate more on the process and thinking.  If someone was interested they could find out the intricacies on this great forum.  It is the overall methodology that I will present.  

For the users who have not fully developed their own systems,  this should be great.  There is a thousand ways to do this stuff,  they all have their plusses and minuses.  This will be a method that works for me.