-
Posts
2922 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Everything posted by rgardner
-
Random line extending from roof plane in perspective view
rgardner replied to BlackDiamond's topic in General Q & A
Without opening the plan I can tell you that it is because one of the roof planes is not connected to the other and is possibly not coplanar. Use the adjoin roof plane tool to get them to join together properly. BTW Chief has a pretty good auto-roof tool once it is learned how to be used. Some very complex roofs can be done automatically without any adjustments at times. Saves a lot of time once you learn how to use it. Let Chief do the heavy lifting and make necessary adjustments at the end. -
Perhaps an addition to the suggestion would be an option in a railing wall to have a defined trim at the floor level where we could specify a Stair nosing Trim (and apron if wanted) at the floor level where the finish flooring would go up to it??? It should be easily programmable since the wall cap molding can be an automatic. Just place it at the base of the wall not the top of the wall.
-
I am assuming you double checked the size for the fascia trim for that roof planes as I am guessing you are still drawing manually? Almost looks like there is a faint line there but hard to see in standard view.
-
You can use a molding line in place of the crown molding for where cabinets cross two rooms like in this case where you have as Mark mentioned most likely a half wall below that point delineating another room.
-
Did you try searching the help file? Maybe for something called “toggle sunlight”...
-
I am confused with what you are describing here. Maybe a terminology issue. Can you post some screen grabs to clarify?
-
When you are in that dbx did you notice the help button at the bottom? It will guide you to direct information for what you are looking for.
-
I understand what you mean with some of these cases and can see the merit. Obviously every case would be different, my first thought when reading the OP was to use the reverse plan tool as it wouldn't cause those issues with the electrical, but I guess I assumed the following in this case: I just rename the cameras obviously and don't really see this as much of an issue as after renaming them and flipping things around and moving them on the layout It might take like 5 minutes to get it corrected. I guess I figured as I don't really do my site plan until the end of construction documents (my personal workflow) that this wouldn't be an issue. But that being said you move your site plan around your model not vice versa. Definitely some merit on this concern and I don't use the reverse tool often enough to have ever noticed this but I just did a test and it reverses it in the exact same X/Y Axis points so that is actually not necessary but worth investigating to make sure as some of the super long McMansions could definitely cause an issue in 3d if that was the case. Maybe you have some points I am not thinking about why these are big concerns?
-
I must be misunderstanding what’s being looked for. Is there a reason not to use the reverse plan tool?
-
Also screen capture to clipboard and paste into the comment section.
-
Balcony floor material is not showing up in the elevation view
rgardner replied to MAP6933's topic in General Q & A
Glad it worked out for you. For you to know. There are two options in the layout view to refresh the views. One in the top Menu bar that is Refresh all views (with option for live views or all views). The other option shows up when you select the layout box in the edit menu at the bottom and looks like a black circle with arrows which will refresh that view. -
¡Qué bien! Bienvenidos al forum!
-
Hola buenas noches. Si la pregunta es que si el archivo o .plan pueden pasar a twinmotion la respuesta es si y no. Tienes que exportar como muestra el vídeo arriba un archivo de formato .obj o similar y de allí pueden importarlo a twinmotion.
-
Try pulling a cross section that will help you see where the ceiling planes hit with the top plate It seems that I saw that and if I remember right there was another invisible wall that was on manual and was keeping the wall to snapping correctly.
-
Common problem with lots of intricacies in dormers. It is not always the same problem. Best practice for this type of help would be to include the .plan file.
-
Try to follow the steps I gave above closely paying attention to the order. Couple of issues with your plan but overall you had drawn two "sloped" ceiling planes not setting them to 0 slope and to the right height, they were also sticking out into the room instead of back where you want them to transition. Also you had a bunch of "invisible" attic walls where you must have deleted or changed them manually and left remnants there. I deleted a few that were in the way to get this look.
-
The room is defined by the walls so since your room butts into the living area by those 6” or so and it has a flat ceiling it is building the requisite wall to close the ceiling. I see a few ways to fix this but easiest is probably: 1.) Start by selecting the open below room and unselecting for flat ceiling above. 2.) Then put a flat ceiling plane in the area up to the wall where you want it to stop. 3.)Next go to attic wall above and extend it all the way across.
-
Wall goes on same floor as the stairs are drawn from.
-
They are called Temporary markers. try the magic F1 key.
-
It will not do it parametrically if the window is not that shape. If you want those style shutters on a square smaller window then you will need to create a symbol for the shutters. Several ways to do that.
-
Check out the basics which are discussed in this video by Tim Schrock. As you learn there are some shortcuts to doing a few of the geometric parts but the overall concept is very well explained in this.
