DRAWZILLA

Members
  • Posts

    8702
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DRAWZILLA

  1. Have you tried using reference sets to see all the roofs below? Using that method you would never have to draw any lines
  2. I seem to remember that also. Not sure if they fixed it or not
  3. Your correct, in X7, no way to export, maybe someone else knows, X7 was a long time ago for me. Sorry. in X8 it's there.
  4. Yes, I have done it, but it was so long ago?? Now the version updates do it for you automatically. make sure you are on the user lib. folder and right click and use export.
  5. Export the x7 user lib.to a file on the desktop, then import in X8. The core lib. in X8 will be the new one the program gives you, you have no choice.
  6. I draw full construction doc's and hardly ever use any cad at all. The reason behind Chief is that you really don't need to draw any cad lines in the plan, elevations, etc. , it's all automatic. The only cad need for me is the cad details ,and I have already drawn those, so really not needed. Every now and again I will need to draw a line in the plan but that's only in special cases.
  7. For me the roof plan has never been correct ,but there are some things you can do to help, like setting the transparency of the top roof to lighten up the below roof lines. No one really wants to see any lines below the overhang above.
  8. I don't use Dropbox for Chief but I have it, and don't really use another computer other than my desktop. I do have Carbonite for backups, and can go back 30 days to retrieve any file.
  9. Richard I don't understand what this comment refers to, some future condition? It's about underneath a deck ,where the OP wants the terrain to show, that's all.
  10. use the rainbow tool in an elevation view, every change I make is in a live view never in the layout box. Just double click on the layout box and the live view will open.
  11. It's under a deck , who cares. doesn't matter in this case.
  12. Change the actual pattern lines using the rainbow tool.
  13. I see your point and that is a downfall of the template method, and that's why I have gone from many templates for different types of plans to only one generic template plan.
  14. Larry if you remove the (clip camera) check on your elevation camera's, you won't have to keep adjusting the view size for them.
  15. There are some really nice stainless steel materials for download at Chief.
  16. try making the screened walls no room definition or a least one wall
  17. Try a free program and file cleaner called "Ccleaner" to clean up files not needed. search the internet , you'll see it.
  18. I turn off all my lights and just use light sources.
  19. You will have to re-frame everything though. Just turn on auto framing on walls roofs and ceilings/ floors, but if you have some custom manual framing, don't turn on auto framing or you will lose that, you may have to re-do it. using edit area might save it. Try it you can always go back.
  20. I can spin with full shadows on, maybe it's time for an updated video card. Yours seem old to me.
  21. I should have said "Renders" in my posts, I really don't do a lot of raytraces, but when I do they are the fast "Crappy" ones, under 3 min. . I put out a lot of construction doc.s for the building departments and they don't care about pretty pictures. I use some Rt's for the client prelim's only.
  22. What you show is a mirror where you are seeing Glass in the mirror(it seems), but what I'm talking is where you see a mirror in the mirror in rendering mode