Is X8 stable enough to install yet?

Seascape

X8 has been stable enough to install since the public beta.

Chief will ALWAYS be working on issues as they arise and issuing updates - same as any other program.

If you wait for it to be "cooked", you may as well wait for X9.

But wait......you will have the same problem with that. :)

I had a very bad crash https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/9255-first-major-crash-with-new-182042-update/ that removed an entire floor of some fairly complex work. My archive files saved the file and I know what happened but I'm still using X8 as that's the first crash I've had in a very very long time. As Glenn says above if you wait until there are absolutely no issues all you will do is wait.

I feel it's being sluggish in many instances which I haven't noticed in x7, like when accessing library items you have "hourglass loading" sometimes longer than other times. When doing adjustments in perspective view, like making cuts, etc update takes a while sometimes, etc.

If X8 wasn't "cooked" you would be hearing the screams and snarls on this forum big time

I remember when ver 10 and X1 were released - they did not go well :(

since I wasn't in a hurry I waited until the forum complaints settled down

before installing and trying to do projects

since X2 CA has been proactive about the releases not being "unstable" for use

Lew

I had a very bad crash https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?/topic/9255-first-major-crash-with-new-182042-update/ that removed an entire floor of some fairly complex work. My archive files saved the file and I know what happened but I'm still using X8 as that's the first crash I've had in a very very long time. As Glenn says above if you wait until there are absolutely no issues all you will do is wait.

This is repeatable - and fatal! NOT trying to be dramatic but I just tried it again (please don't say it) and it deleted the second floor - again. Back to the archives.

I like to copy and paste my window schedules because I have a couple custom things I don't want to do over again but not going to happen again. Will create from scratch..