X8 Public Release

Joe_Carrick

Ben,

The bug that you reported to tech support should be fixed in the X8 release.  The picture you posted on the other thread does not look the same as the one you reported to us though.  Please report this as a new problem along with the plan you have and we will look into getting a fix into the next available update.

Saw the webinar video on X8 features yesterday. Yes I am impressed with how this version will make life easier with Schedules, Layers, ML and SP vertical dimensioning etc. I am very much hoping for an IFC 3d model exchange feature in the future too.

Ben,

The bug that you reported to tech support should be fixed in the X8 release.  The picture you posted on the other thread does not look the same as the one you reported to us though.  Please report this as a new problem along with the plan you have and we will look into getting a fix into the next available update.

Dermot, thanks for your reply, and apologize for my curt response.  I opened the plan I sent to tech support, and many of the offending spots are fixed.  However, with just a few seconds of playing with it, I quickly had the problem again, so not sure how thorough the team was in investigating the issue.  The picture in the other post is the same problem I outlined in my report.  Perhaps I didn't detail it well enough. I will resend the same plan showing the problem and how to recreate it and several other plans demonstrating the problem in as many ways as I am seeing it in hopes to get it fixed in all situations instead of just some of them.  I can live with it for now, but I have to draw in cad lines to clean it up, and it is causing 3D artifacts that I can cleanup in layout, but not in presentation views I provide to the client without using 3rd party image alteration software to clean it up which is time consuming.  Definitely need a fix on this ASAP.  Hope we don't have to wait as long as we did between Beta and Final release.  I think I'll go crazy.  Thanks again for your attention to this.  It is appreciated.

It shows up in both new and old plans.  But migration issues are becoming more and more of an issue. I have a huge database of plans that I rely on all the way back to version '97 (or whatever it was called, 5 or 6?), and I do not want to redraw them when I bring a plan forward that I will modify for a client because of the extra time involved.  I can typically get a pretty clean plan through importing attributes, etc. and I'm on my way.  Foundations have the most difficult migration issues, especially with slab on grade and when mixed with a basement.  Chief just isn't optimized for that type of construction.  Chief also doesn't like me using old plans, they always want me to start over whenever any issue comes up and they always blame it on that, which may be justified, but just like any software you use for a long time, that will always be part of the process, so they need to fix issues that come up in relation to migration.  :)

I also see the text wrap problem, but if you open the text and check auto width and height, it will show correct. I have seen this in just about every upgrade for a few years now.

Not seeing any missing text or section number problem.

Serial no? I got rid of the Alienware in my sig since it would not fire up two video ports after sleeping to dual monitors, so Im beta testing this now....no SSD for now, with 8 doing well so far: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-copper-black/4453403.p?id=1219749489377&skuId=4453403

We had to make some changes to the video card to get the monitors resurrected from the dead :)

It shows up in both new and old plans.  But migration issues are becoming more and more of an issue. I have a huge database of plans that I rely on all the way back to version '97 (or whatever it was called, 5 or 6?), and I do not want to redraw them when I bring a plan forward that I will modify for a client because of the extra time involved.  I can typically get a pretty clean plan through importing attributes, etc. and I'm on my way.  Foundations have the most difficult migration issues, especially with slab on grade and when mixed with a basement.  Chief just isn't optimized for that type of construction.  Chief also doesn't like me using old plans, they always want me to start over whenever any issue comes up and they always blame it on that, which may be justified, but just like any software you use for a long time, that will always be part of the process, so they need to fix issues that come up in relation to migration.  :)

Ditto Ben!..I think V6 is 99, V5 97.

Serial no? I got rid of the Alienware in my sig since it would not fire up two video ports after sleeping to dual monitors, so Im beta testing this now....no SSD for now, with 8 doing well so far: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-17-3-laptop-intel-core-i7-12gb-memory-1tb-hard-drive-silver-copper-black/4453403.p?id=1219749489377&skuId=4453403

We had to make some changes to the video card to get the monitors resurrected from the dead :)

I'm talking Chief' key code.