johnny

Rotate Section Plane

So is it true you cannot rotate a section plane once its been created?

One other question i'll add to the thread instead of starting a new one -

Is there a way to turn off the temporary measurements CA automatically places for CAD objects?  I find these are more in the way than helpful many times...

I take it that you are asking whether you can rotate a cross section camera callout view?  If that is the question, then the answer is, no you can not.  This is a real productivity killer IMO.

As far as the temp dims are concerned, there is an icon on the left that allows you to toggle temp dims on or off.

I take it that you are asking whether you can rotate a cross section camera callout view?  If that is the question, then the answer is, no you can not.  This is a real productivity killer IMO.

Rod,  why do you think this is a productivity killer?  If I remember correctly,  there has been a time or two when I could of used this feature,  but it really was not a big deal to me.

So,  how is it a productivity killer?

When setting up cross referenced cameras it compounds the work req'd for the cameras and call out numbering rather than being able to set them up and drag and rotate.

You can turn on and off 'Temporary Dimensions" (there should be an icon for that in the right hand toolbar) or you can turn them on or off under "View - Temporary Dimensions".

DJP

I just ran into this again today when reversing plan sets for a builder, and is one of the frustrating WHY questions that come up from time to time.  Any sections not perfectly horizontal (assuming you are flipping your plan on the vertical axis) don't reverse with the plan (regardless if you flip your model manually or with the flip plan button), and therefore are all pointing the opposite way of the set up section view.  With no way to flip the section (even manually), you must re-create each section view in your reversed plan to point the correct way.  With many complex sections, this is a real productivity killer, even with cut/paste of your cad work from the old sections.

Anyone have a workaround for this?

I just ran into this again today when reversing plan sets for a builder, and is one of the frustrating WHY questions that come up from time to time.  Any sections not perfectly horizontal (assuming you are flipping your plan on the vertical axis) don't reverse with the plan (regardless if you flip your model manually or with the flip plan button), and therefore are all pointing the opposite way of the set up section view.  With no way to flip the section (even manually), you must re-create each section view in your reversed plan to point the correct way.  With many complex sections, this is a real productivity killer, even with cut/paste of your cad work from the old sections.

Anyone have a workaround for this?