New Education/Old drawings

country

With my new wealth of knowledge on annosets and layers I am extremely frustrated with my designs that are currently on the go.  They are using some custom layers and annosets but I am now revising my templates to use more that are based on ideas from Wendy's videos.

Is there any way, short of adding everything into their plans and layouts, that i can bring these up to date?  2 of them are just at the initial design stage but the others are ready for Con. Docs.  Any suggestions are welcome :-)  Or, should I just muddle along and start anything new in these templates???

Or if you like Wendy's approach you can download her plan file (pretty sure she posted it) with the Anno Sets she created, the Anno Sets should be in the plan that you use to build your new Anno Sets from.

I've also got a template you can have with bunches of Anno Sets I can send you or post here and you can see if they are of any help. Problem is, of course, that Anno Sets are very personal but you can see what another users has chosen and if you need any particular help contact me and I'll help you understand them a bit better.

Check this plan out and see if it helps in any way. Remember, again, they are many years in the making but you can pick and choose the ones that work - or not.

PLAN TEMPLATE 8_15_2015.plan

Thanks for all the help.  I will scour through these different sets and then add and adjust in my templates.  I totally forgot about importing.  My poor old brain can only handle so much and then it freezes, just like my computer.  Importing and adjusting will definitely be faster than starting from scratch as Wendy did to teach us.

I really appreciate all the quick responses.  Now if I can only get my clients to answer this fast....

Some important points/tips:

1. When you export an anno set, it exports the layerset as well.

2. When you then import it, pay very close attention to the settings for overriding and such, at each screen.

3.  After that import, it may look like it didn't "take" at first.  iow, imported anno or layer sets may not be there.  Close and open.

3. Do a saveas first, and after that import have a really good look around to see the effects of the layerset override and such.

Thank you. I will try this with one of the early stage designs first and see how it goes.  I use a different font on my drawings so I will do that first in my template and then do the export/import.

I was going to look up what to do about the layer sets but this also answers that question. 

Many thanks once again Wendy et al.

The amount of knowledge I have gathered in the last 2 weeks is rather staggering but oh so wonderful.  I'm sure many have benefited in the same way as me.

I am going to download Wendy's Plan.  Even though I'm pretty happy with what I have, there are some pretty cool tricks she uses that I want to add to my toolkit.  I'm not sure about the Arial Font for everything and some of the Dimension Defaults, but I'll keep an open mind.  Then I'll adjust.  ;)

Thanks, Larry, for following Wendy's lead and posting your work on Annotation Sets. This is an area that screams out for better documentation as evidenced by the number of users who seem to be struggling just to grasp the concept behind Annoset (never mind building a set of their own). By sharing your work, you and Wendy have done everyone a great service in this regards.

Thanks!