Upgrading To X7 - Should I Import Projects That Are In Progress?

KSRFTIPE

I've been a CA user since version 7. There's always been a quandary when upgrading.

I have several large and involved homes in the design phase - not yet up to construction plan phase. If one is "in progress" on a project in X6, should he or she dare continue the project in X7?

Would be really good to simply open these projects in X7 and continue where I left off.

Opinions?

I agree with Scott but the first thing I would do is copy the plan and paste it in X7 so you still have the original plan in the version you started in, I brought a 4 unit townhouse into X7 by copy and paste worked on it there flawlessly

I've had a few issues with plans done in X6 but mostly annoyances: two plans with some crashes (cause unknown-varied), some serious lag trying to edit group selected cabinets in an X6 plan.  I didn't lose any work and did not have to revert (though at one point I was thinking of it in the public beta).

I just open em and do a "save as", add a 7 to the name so I know. I'm now on 7 entirely-good so far on 3 projects all full buildings but still just interior work.

I still have issues with text boxes loosing the auto height and width checks which leads to garbled text. I suspect it's b/c I keep most of my cad details in my lib. As far as the plan goes- no problem. My rule of thumb is bring all plans foreward that are in the preliminary stage and , a plan that is almost complete, framing, layout, details, everything but plan check corrections, I leave alone.