Fascia Board Floating in Space

Bench1705mark

I agree.

Hmm, that doesn't seem very helpful, Robert.

So the first thing I would try is closing Chief and then opening it back up to see if the problem doesn't magically go away.  You could also try things like rebuild 3D and rebuild floors and ceilings but closing Chief is much more likely to fix problems where the 3D is just in a messed up state.

If that doesn't solve the problem, I would take a look at the settings for your frieze, shadow boards, and ridge caps in your roof dialog.  You can mess things up pretty quick by just putting in bad values for the vertical or horizontal offsets.

The only other thing I can think of is if you are using a custom molding profile that is messed up.

If that still doesn't help you solve the problem, then you probably need to post your plan.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bench1705mark said:

Any assistance would be helpful to me

Pretty sure Rob was just being humous.   We really need more information as to how you got to this state.  The screen shot is great but it really only shows how messed up the situation is.  Ideally we need to know what version you are using and the plan file would be quite helpful.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Pretty sure Rob was just being humous.

Yes, it was just a joke! If @Bench1705markcan post the plan file, I'd gladly point out the solution to this issue! Often the roof, trim layer is locked. Unlocking that layer should allow the errant moldings to be deleted.

I am using version Premier X13. This is a duplex model with each of the units, plan left and plan right, copied and pasted into a new plan. The floating fascia boards and ridge cap are left in the place that this left hand unit was when I orginally pasted it into the new plan. Then I scooted that left side plan into position to attach it in the proper position with the right hand unit. I did try to restart the program and rebuilt the 3D both to no avail.

Zip File Attached

B&A Duplex Lots 13_14.zip

5 hours ago, robdyck said:
6 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Pretty sure Rob was just being humous.

Yes, it was just a joke!

How dare you Robert! You should realize by now

that humor is frowned upon in these forums and

often even censored. People get so wrapped up

in their little crises that they lose sight of the fact

that laughter is in fact good medicine.

https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-health/laughter-is-the-best-medicine.htm

BTW, I thought your original response was both funny

and appropriate given the amount of info supplied.

• Like 1

So somehow you were able to convert all of your automatic ridge caps, fascia, and gutters into manual 3D molding lines.  I'm not sure how you did this.  I know you can do it by unlocking their normally locked layers and manually editing them.  When you do this, you should get a warning message telling you that this is what is happening.  There are probably other ways to do this and maybe some of them are not as obvious or don't have the warning.  Or maybe X13 works a little different than X15 does now but I don't ever remember running into this problem before.

Regardless of how you did it, the way to fix it is to do what everyone else has said.  If you unlock the layers, you can then select them and delete them.  

It might be good to figure out how you got into this state though so that it doesn't keep happening.

• Like 1