Create multiple ceiling planes in one operation?

ACADuser

I have a 50 room building & need to create ceiling planes in each one.

Can the be done in one process?

The metal building has a roof with underside at 12 feet to 25 feet.

Some walls go to underside of roof, some are 10' tall. I need to have a drop ceiling at 9' for most of the rooms.

Am I going to have to do this manually?

Rooms.JPG

On 1/6/2024 at 10:35 AM, ACADuser said:

I need to have a drop ceiling at 9' for most of the rooms

Can't you use the Defaults for this and open the other rooms and raise the flat Ceiling in them  or apply them as Michael suggest above?

M.

I recall seeing somewhere a suggestion for something like this by creating a "blank" second floor. Set the Floor 2 default floor structure to take the place of the Ceiling framing for all the rooms below. Plus it sounds like there may be some different height walls up there, seems like that would give you a lot more specific control of those kinds of things.

Ceiling planes are polylines...you could use cad polylines to act as break areas for a single ceiling plane. Might be worth a try.

In this image...I've highlighted a ceiling plane. If you click the blue cad polyline you can use the "subtraction" tool to break the ceiling plane along the wall edges. 

2024-01-08_19-38-17.thumb.png.6d478971f96b8c1375ccb892e7180a33.png

I've been out of town & will look at this again tomorrow.

But I made all the rooms 300" high to get the walls up to the underside of the roof structure as a requirement.

I manually added all the ceiling planes which strips tr drywall off the walls.

My plan was to frame the walls with steel for section views.
All wall types vary per specifications.

This leaves what look like post on the walls that do not go to the ceiling. This is a result of manually pulling the top of walls where i need them.

I even tried railing walls, no luck. Next I'll try pony walls.

The ceilings are at 9' with some walls going to 10' & others going all the way up.

Ceilings.png

15 hours ago, ACADuser said:

This leaves what look like post on the walls that do not go to the ceiling. This is a result of manually pulling the top of walls where i need them.

Yeah don't do that. Pretty much ever.

15 hours ago, ACADuser said:

The ceilings are at 9' with some walls going to 10' & others going all the way up.

I'll double-down on my previous suggestion, if you have Floor 1 defaults set to a 9' ceiling height, then copy/paste/hold position the walls up to floor 2, set that whole right side to Open Below, and adjust all interior walls as needed, setting ones you only need to build up to 10' as solid rails, while others that need to reach to the roof can remain normal walls.

• Upvote 1

That appears to be a good choice. If i want a wall to frame from bottom floor to roof I was thinking an open below room & walls that balloon through ceiling? No time to try it this minute. But thanks for the suggestion.