Scales and common drawing sheet format...

Jones_Drafting

Howdy,

I've always kinda worked around this, but I figure there must be a "proper" way to do it...

so, I'm stopping the bus to figure that out...(hard for me to do)...

Common issue: I create all of the plan views, including the differently scaled site plan, all in the same plan, i.e., no cad detail for the site plan view.

I'd like to send my site plan to layout, while maintaining line weights, etc., which are appropriate to say 1":20', or so.....(I don't really use the relatively new "saved plan view" feature, but rather send all of my various plan views to layout, with their varied defaults, and work backwards, with layout open in extra screen...maybe that's something I need to change?)

Problem is, I cannot change the drawing sheet info on my site plan, without affecting all the other plan views.

Is there an easy method, i.e., maybe changing scaling just in layout box, or ?, to that which I'm attempting?

I don't like to use the cad detail option, because it won't update with my plan changes, and needs to be manually refreshed.

I know I'll get a plethora of answers, and I really do appreciate it!

Thanks!

Cris

...So, saved plan views will allow me to change my drawing sheet scale on one plan view, but not affect the others?...

The challenge is that Drawing sheet scale affects line weight. My 1":20' site plan ends up with line weights scaled to 1/4":1', because that's the drawing sheet scale of the base plan.

I tried saved plan view, changing layout page scale.....still changes universally.

I went ahead and created cad detail for my site plan, so I can differentiate my line weights, based on my chosen scale.

Creating a saved plan view which would let me change this aspect of the plan would be helpful.

I may be missing something, but because I'm missing it, I'm not sure what it is.

:)

18 hours ago, Jones_Drafting said:

(I don't really use the relatively new "saved plan view" feature...maybe that's something I need to change?

Absolutely. Stop the bus, take whatever time it takes to get this under your belt. You're driving an outdated bus that's been superseded by leaps and bounds. Get into the new bus and get up to speed! :)

15 hours ago, Jones_Drafting said:

...So, saved plan views will allow me to change my drawing sheet scale* on one plan view, but not affect the others?...

Actually no, but you'll still get your desired result if the "bus" is configured properly.

All joking aside, I create live plot plans using the actual building plan file, and the lines weights are preset to look correct in layout. If I want the plot plan to be 1"=40' I send it to layout at that scale and the line weights are what I want. Because I'm using Saved Plan Views and Default Sets properly. Make the move!

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/search/?default_tab=video&q=saved+plan+views

*EDIT: You're not actually changing the "drawing sheet scale" on individual SPVs. This has been requested but is not a feature yet. What you'll be doing is assigning various defaults to the SPV to achieve the line weights, text sizes, and other variables to suit the scale that the view will be sent to layout with.