Set mimimum width for a double door?

ACADuser

10 minutes ago, ACADuser said:

That is what I was doing but is there no way to set the max single door width so Chief does that calc for me??

Cabinets have a very similar function that converts their "Auto Right/Left" doors into doubles when they hit a threshold, but that value is set in General Cabinet Defaults.

Doors don't have a General Default. I'm pretty sure it's hard coded based on the doors. I think most are 4' but Bi-folds are less, around 3'.

Sure would be nice to be able to specify it in the different door type defaults, though.

From Help:

Note: The Calculate From Width defaults are not editable.

• Select Calculate From Width to use the program defaults. Hinged and pocket doors default to Single Door when less than four feet (1200 mm) wide; bifold doors do so when less than three feet (900 mm) wide. If the width is greater than this, Double Door is the default.

So, in the door dbx, options panel - select "Single Door".  

As an alternative in the defaults you can select "Single Door" to prevent the automatic "Calculate from Width".

It would be nice if there was a setting for what dimension should be used for "Calculate from Width" instead of the hard coded 48"

• Upvote 1

Alan,  

The best way of handling this would to select one of the 42" doors - then select same and set the selection criteria - the open the dbx of the doors that were found and make the change to Single 48".

-or-

Set those parameters in the Defaults prior to placing the doors in the plan.

In the future I'll set the defaults but this time we planned on 42" door but the VA decided to use 48" so I had to adjust them in the plan after they were installed.

The issue I have with that is I put the hinge side close to the side wall & when I change to 48" it expands from the center.

Then I have to move all the doors away from the side wall bu 3". PITA

Thanks for the tips.