Pdf Print Preview Question/problem

HumbleChief

I think this used to work differently in the recent past but I'm printing a simple 8.5 x 11 PDF and when I select current view I get nothing even remotely resembling the current view in the print preview window - thought I used to. The problem is it takes many trial and error attempts to get the print size to fit the page properly - a little crazy making.

It's not plan specific as near as I can tell but I'll post the plan anyway.

Here's a couple of screens shots. Here's the actual 'current view'...

post-302-0-08898200-1422660461_thumb.png

and here's what I get from the PDF preview.

post-302-0-52214700-1422660475_thumb.png

pdf problem 1.plan

This works differently in X7 than it did in X6. I print from plan view all the time and save to PDF. It's a really fast way to print a simple plan view of the 'current view'. The 'current view' is exactly that in X6 - the view in your screen. Like below.

post-302-0-08839100-1422904709_thumb.png

post-302-0-89821100-1422904721_thumb.png

post-302-0-56790900-1422904739_thumb.png

post-302-0-51902700-1422904750_thumb.png

But in X7 it doesn't print the current view. It's always way too big as if it's ignoring the command - that used to work in X6. Here's the exact same view and the exact same plan but different view sizes.

post-302-0-82246800-1422904848_thumb.png

It is printing what you have asked it too , your "view" includes the whole window not just the terrain Perimeter.    zoom in as tight as possible to what you want to print, obviously it wont be to scale ....

M.

I was asking Chief to print the 'current view', not the whole window, not the whole terrain perimeter but the 'current view' those are two different requests - which it will do - most of the time. Try it and see if the 'current view'; doesn't include only the data in the 'current view'. Looks like it's working today or at least maybe my brain is working today.

Larry, I am not that far away. You know I will come down there with my dogs and leave a present on your lawn if you are printing directly from the plan file.... :)

That's funny Alan. I print directly from the plan file all the time when scale doesn't matter. Fast way to get info to a client, truss company etc. BTW you can come by with your dogs any time  -  I love puppies! I also was born in Carmel and grew up in Monterey so whenever I see your sig I reminisce a bit.