New User Looking For Advice/Recommendations

1967Achi

Hello all,

I'm very new to the program, and I've started to draw up some plans for my dad's construction/architecture company. I've been working with Scott Hall and he's recommended I ask you all for some videos to watch. I've been picking it up pretty quickly, but it is something I need to improve in. I was hoping you all could share a sequential list of introductary videos that could get me started on the basics for broad usage, or any videos/topics I should avoid as a new user.

Here are a few options.  All found on ChiefArchitect.com. 

• Quick Start training video series on the Chief Architect website:  Click on User Center / Training Videos and scroll down to Quick Start Training Videos.
  • On Demand Training you can sign up for.  Try the "Residential Introductory".  Chief Architect website:  Click on User Center / Events & Training and scroll down to On Demand Training.  
  • Chief Boot Camp webinar on September 23rd.  Sign up.  Chief Architect website:  Click on User Center / Events & Training and scroll down to Chief Boot Camp.  

You can also search this forum if you have questions and post questions if you don't find what you need.  Good luck!

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 9.45.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 9.46.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-08 at 9.46.41 AM.png

i would recommend  the following CA videos located at https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/ as for me these were the areas I kept having issues with when I started

Rooms, Floors & Foundations

Roofs

and inevitably you will need to edit a line. It can be frustrating if you do not know the behaviour, which for the most part is documented in the CAD tool series

CAD Tools