Shower build like Mr Rabbit. I'm not getting it.

GeneDavis

This is for those of us who have watched Rene Rabbit's excellent how-to video on building a shower.  Here it is.  

First of all, he is doing it in X12.  I am trying to build mine in X13.  My hang ups are:  how do you do the pony wall glass over framed whatever, as a railing wall, which is what Mr R does in the video.  His wall models the shower wall as most get built:  glass does NOT run up to the ceiling.  So he is not needing to drag a wall top down (a cautioned no-no by most of us here).  Rene has the wall in his library in this X12 show, but in X13 Chief put a glass over tile-clad frame pony wall in the prebuilt walls and gave it a build icon, and it's NOT a railing.

I try specifying it as a railing wall and then things blow up on me.  I lose the wall cap atop the lower wall section.

Next hang up:  The plate hinges for the glass door, the door handle, and the fixed glass panel brackets, all of which Mr R says are in Chief's core content library.  They are not in mine.  What's up.

So, anybody got those brackets?  I don't really need the glass door "plate hinges" because Chief prebuilt us a shower door complete with hinges and handle for X13, but what about the needed brackets?  I remember back, way back in X single digits, maybe 8 or 9, scratch building all this stuff.  Hinges, brackets, handle, all done in Sketchup and imported into Chief.  Right up there in the 3D Warehouse yet today, "hinges for frameless shower door."  

32 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

I try specifying it as a railing wall and then things blow up on me.  I lose the wall cap atop the lower wall section.

You can't use a 'solid' railing type because then the cap jumps to the top section. Instead, use Rail Style > Panels with no newels or Top/Bottom Rails.

image.thumb.png.9b73a11da47984ac2d5d0064a9b34a9b.png

Gene, I've found it near impossible to follow someone else's thought process in Chief and in life in general and as brilliant as Mr Rabbit is with all things Chief I don't get it either and need to develop my own skill set in such matters. Others will take to his tools and techniques, which are again brilliant at least but they just don't fit into my slower, older brain. I do watch and appreciate and pick up ideas that I can apply but really can't follow the thought process.

@GeneDavis@robdyck @HumbleChief 
That video is dated and as @rgardner mentioned I have a full package of tools that make showers and baths with operable doors extremely easy to draw in a few minutes.
You can find the video overview on Chief Architects Instagram account at the 16:37 mark
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CbsmaGylqwj/
Purchase here as Ryan stated. 
https://www.rabbittdesign.net/shop/p/shower-and-bath-quick-tools