Tile Pattern

stager386

I am attempting to lay out a floor of 12x12 tiles.  I cannot seem to make the pattern appear offset.  And I don't know why the Texture Tab shows the tile scale as 36x36.  I am sure this is a fundamental thing that I should know, but it always confuses me.  Can anyone chime in?

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.048fa11f1ffa811ff1aa2e6f7d8d3edb.png

12 minutes ago, stager386 said:

I am attempting to lay out a floor of 12x12 tiles.  I cannot seem to make the pattern appear offset.  And I don't know why the Texture Tab shows the tile scale as 36x36.  I am sure this is a fundamental thing that I should know, but it always confuses me.  Can anyone chime in?

Thank you!

image.thumb.png.048fa11f1ffa811ff1aa2e6f7d8d3edb.png

Changing the Pattern offset doesn't have any effect on the Texture Source, which is a picture file (look at your screenshot in the lower right, it tells you where Chief is getting the texture jpg)

And your 3D view looks like Standard, which uses the Texture. Switch to Vector view and you should see the offset.

You'll need to study some instructional material as Solver suggested, it's a little complicated when you get into scale sizes and pattern repeats.

This is a perfect application for Substance Player. If you don't want to go through the download and learning process (it's pretty simple), do a search for an offset tile image in your favorite search engine.

16 minutes ago, ericepv said:

This is a perfect application for Substance Player. If you don't want to go through the download and learning process (it's pretty simple), do a search for an offset tile image in your favorite search engine.

Thanks for that Eric, did not know that existed.