Tool Bars in X13

CoolHandLuke

I have been running X12 and never have an issue with the tool bars hot keys or screen display. When I run X13 it starts out ok but eventually I lose my toolbar and even have trouble moving say the Active Layer Display from the right to the left on my screen. I have an iMac and it is up to date on software. I have to get out of Chief X13 and reboot and start again but eventually I will be doing this again to gain control.

15 hours ago, CoolHandLuke said:

it starts out ok but eventually I lose my toolbar

Do you use a second monitor or just the iMac?

Because I’m on a Macbook and experience the same but only when a 2nd monitor is connected to the MacBook. 

My theory is that because the resolution of the 2 monitors are not identical, Chief gets confused when redrawing toolbars, especially when you do something like open the Layer Display Options window and then close it. 

There are countless posts about this. I’ve called Chief ad nauseam over this and there’s no solution. 

17 hours ago, CoolHandLuke said:

I have been running X12 and never have an issue with the tool bars hot keys or screen display. When I run X13 it starts out ok but eventually I lose my toolbar and even have trouble moving say the Active Layer Display from the right to the left on my screen. I have an iMac and it is up to date on software. I have to get out of Chief X13 and reboot and start again but eventually I will be doing this again to gain control.

For this reason I do not have custom tool bars....  eventually they will get broken and I would need to reset toolbars,  not worth the aggravation.

• Upvote 1

I have followed several threads that refer to toolbar issues. Just my 2 cents - I only use a single monitor and have only had one little issue a long, long time ago but I  remember it was a real pain to get my custom toolbars back and have never had an issue since.  Well just last week, I lost ALL toobars! Very strange and I speculate what caused it was that I uninstalled some little Windows utility plugin that I didn't care for. Well to quickly correct this issue, I simply renamed the CA Toolbars folder to Toolbars.old and then restored the Toolbars folder from my weekly backup and all toolbars are back.

Carl, you should contact support on Monday during their normal business hours.  What you are describing should not be happening and we have no reports of this kind of behavior in X13.

There were some toolbar problems in X12 and prior versions but as far as we can tell these problems have been fixed (or at least greatly reduced) in X13.  Currently, we have only one report of a user who was having problems with his custom toolbar reverting back to the default toolbars once every 2-3 weeks that we believe is related to him using an icloud account.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, CoolHandLuke said:

All I gotta say is mine is bigger than cool hand luke's

841579838_ScreenShot2022-01-23at8_59_28AM.thumb.png.e37ffcb85acf0ff5254ac12b8c36f84e.png

• Like 1

I had issues with this and posted extensively-

Never fully resolve the issue - just happened again last week-but less frequently than before.

Only in X12 - X 13

I keep my preferred toolbar configuration set as RL Preferred -and a backup of the same thing in my toolbars and when it corrupts I restart- switch to backup- remove corrupt toolbar - make new backup copy.

Kind of a PITA but it works.

Seems like CA should figure it out for X14 -

Evan if a dual monitor issue - which i have and set identically - I never had any issues prior to X12.