PDF's have thin white lines in the fills.


Recommended Posts

I searched the forum but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

 

Using X12 still but I don't think I use to get these a few versions ago.  X13 didn't help.

 

826242543_ScreenShot2021-07-10at11_41_41PM.thumb.png.4108250433af4a698edde1828c2be170.png

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is not like they don't know about the issue.  Not really sure why the feel so inclined not to fix it.

If you can't view your PDF in Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat then I think there is something wrong with the PDF.

 

 

I suppose you could always send it in to tech support again like they requested. :wacko:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michael_Gia said:

I searched the forum but there doesn't seem to be a solution.

 

Maybe you could post the PDF so we can all play and see if it has anything to do with hardware.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

They do look like the Terrain's geometry Lines (Triangles) , though I have no idea why you are seeing them ...and have no way to test sorry.

 

Did you try a different PDF Printer?

 

Edit : I downloaded the PDF CS linked to above and the bad Lines were barely visible after reprinting the PDF to BullZip PDF Printer ...but still there..... I am surprised this is back after 2-3 yrs , though personally I have not noticed it...... not macOS thing as CS has Windows....

 

@Anne_S

 

Mick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This also have been a major issue for me for years now. If you print to PDF and then import that file to let's say photoshop, then if you leave the anti-aliased setting ticked, you will see these lines and they are sometimes pretty bad. If you un-tick the anti-aliased setting, then these lines will disappear but you will get all the text looking rough and not smoothed at all. I have not found a workaround for this problem yet, and unfortunately the X13 did not fixed this issue also....

Link to post
Share on other sites

It only happens for me when printing directly from a view in plan, sent to layout eliminates the issue. Both images using built in PDF printer in X12.

image.thumb.png.6f14279d9594271c5a2a67bdf62315c5.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

41 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

It only happens for me when printing directly from a view in plan, sent to layout eliminates the issue. Both images using built in PDF printer in X12.

image.thumb.png.6f14279d9594271c5a2a67bdf62315c5.png

 

This did not work for me unfortunately. Printed one plan from the normal view and another one sent to layout both with built in PDF printer, and still got the same lines everywhere on my color fills.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jaaos123 said:

in PDF printer, and still got the same lines everywhere on my color fills.

Odd, wonder why not for me? maybe post the layout and plan? I tried this in both vector and standard of ortho overview and tried at two scales

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

Odd, wonder why not for me? maybe post the layout and plan? I tried this in both vector and standard of ortho overview and tried at two scales


I think it’s because you are opening it in a non-Adobe product.  From what I’ve been able to gather, it seems like it’s mostly (if not only) a problem with Adobe software.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I think it’s because you are opening it in a non-Adobe product

Mmm, could be. I tried in both Bluebeam and TurboPDF (which is Foxit) and both are full pdf programs, not just readers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:


I think it’s because you are opening it in a non-Adobe product.  From what I’ve been able to gather, it seems like it’s mostly (if not only) a problem with Adobe software.

 

I played a bit more and am leaning that way too ......Adobe Reader is Bad , but open it in Chrome or FireFox for example and they aren't seen....

 

I was playing with this file ( not mine) from the other Thread.....  16016_site.pdf

 

Adobe :  

image.thumb.png.857b9523462f2919727373527144b8c6.png

 

Chrome :

image.thumb.png.ce451e7b4afc760a36720fbeca55160e.png

 

FireFox :

image.thumb.png.0e55fa96ea6772da6b18b3635550b838.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I played a bit more and am leaning that way too ......Adobe Reader is Bad , but open it in Chrome or FireFox for example and they aren't seen....

When you choose in Adobe Acrobat - Edit - Preferences - Page Display - and untick "smooth line art" the thin lines on the area fill disappear. If I leave it on, it appears. But me personally, use the PDF straight from Chief Architect and open in Photoshop for some design work, and the lines are there, unless I untick the anti-aliasing option which makes the text look rough and not smooth... also tried it in Chrome browser, and same lines appear, so I think the problem is still on the Chief side, the way it writes the PDF somehow....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jaaos123 said:

When you choose in Adobe Acrobat - Edit - Preferences - Page Display - and untick "smooth line art" the thin lines on the area fill disappear.

 

Strangely that makes it worst/darker here......

 

M.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

    29829
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    MeganB
    Newest Member
    MeganB
    Joined