Geyatautsilvsgi

Casement windows

Recommended Posts

Hi, I have a question. Has anyone ever made a casement window in chief with "prairie" style windows? In all my years of working with chief, I have never been able to do it in chief automatically or naturally. I have always had to fake it in the 2D detail or elevation views. It works great with a single hung or double hung window but not with a casement because the entire window section is operable not just one half like the SH/DH windows. IF anyone has ever made one, I would definitely like to know how. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Geyatautsilvsgi said:

Hi, I have a question. Has anyone ever made a casement window in chief with "prairie" style windows? In all my years of working with chief, I have never been able to do it in chief automatically or naturally. I have always had to fake it in the 2D detail or elevation views. It works great with a single hung or double hung window but not with a casement because the entire window section is operable not just one half like the SH/DH windows. IF anyone has ever made one, I would definitely like to know how. Thanks.

You'd like a casement window above or below a fixed window, correct?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely need some clarification on this one.  Probably best to post an image of what you're talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, robdyck said:

You'd like a casement window above or below a fixed window, correct?

Thank you  for responding. Unfortunately, no, the  casement window itself has to be or look like a big "prairie" window.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Like this?

Craftsman LightsJPG.JPG

Mr. Carrick,

 

This is almost spot on. the top three sections would need to be much larger and extend to at least half of the window. This is really close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Geyatautsilvsgi said:

Thank you  for responding. Unfortunately, no, the  casement window itself has to be or look like a big "prairie" window.

Can you post a sketch of what you have in mind, or an example from a previous project? Google didn't help.

 

image.thumb.png.da9cebc6bfb6cabb16c470d54e092e2f.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The attached window is the style she wants in her casements. In real life this can be done as a custom job. However, in chief,  I have found that this canonly be achieved by using a single hung or double hung window. I have not been able to get this to work in a casement. thus the reason for my question. As I said, the one that Mr. Carrick posted is close only need to take up at least half the window.

DH Prairie window.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Geyatautsilvsgi said:

The attached window is the style she wants in her casements. In real life this can be done as a custom job. However, in chief,  I have found that this canonly be achieved by using a single hung or double hung window. I have not been able to get this to work in a casement. thus the reason for my question. As I said, the one that Mr. Carrick posted is close only need to take up at least half the window.

DH Prairie window.jpg

 

There you go, that's what we needed.  Use Craftsman style grids and set Lites Across to 3 and Lites Vertical to 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 This is a prairie style window, Crafts man is like the one that Eric posted previously. As I said, I am not sure that the client understands which style she wants. I've tried to explain the difference but...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, its not  really a "prairie" window at all but the craftsman. I've switched to using the craftsman style on the casement and it worked. That is nice. Thanks gentlemen for your assistance. I appreciate it. Have a fantastic rest of your day.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a fall back you can use CUSTOM MUTTINS......  I assume that is still a feature 8n CA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    29326
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    ernest
    Newest Member
    ernest
    Joined