Has anyone had their elevations become corrupted lately? The only fix for me is to open up the elevation and send to layout on some junk page I'm not going to print. This restores the elevation on the elevations page I intend to print. I'm an advanced user and have tried all the visual styles, plot lines, etc.. I feel like this is a hardware issue, driver issue, or software bug.

chief.PNG

37 minutes ago, Kiwideziner said:

Does the refresh button work?

I have tried 'refresh display' and 'rebuild 3D' with no results. This evening, I'm replying to a helpdesk ticket where Chief asked for some hardware setting specifics. I'll keep this post updated as to what they suggest.

Have you tried plot lines with color fill if you want color instead of live views?  Lot less taxing on your GPU which would be my guess looking at that.

1 minute ago, rgardner said:

Lot less taxing on your GPU which would be my guess looking at that.

Looking at his machine specs, that machine should fly thru CA. That AMD 6900 XT video card is AMD's current flagship model and ranks 3rd behind a RTX 3090 in one website I looked at. Pretty impressive and about 2/3 the cost of a 3090.

Not to brag, but yeah, I used all of AMDs flagship stuff in this build. Put it all in a pelican case and them about 90% done with it. I still have cooling and some plexiglass to add but nothing is running too hot as long as I keep it open for now. I'm able to do fast render passes while playing in VR without any significant quality loss. This was just all a sudden

2 hours ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Looking at his machine specs, that machine should fly thru CA. That AMD 6900 XT video card is AMD's current flagship model and ranks 3rd behind a RTX 3090 in one website I looked at. Pretty impressive and about 2/3 the cost of a 3090.

That was not well written by me.  We had a major power outage today so that was on my phone.  What I meant was I would guess it has something to do with the driver on the GPU causing the issue.

Just now, rgardner said:

What I meant was I would guess it has something to do with the driver on the GPU causing the issue.

Very possible. That's a new card and drivers could be problematic.

You bring up a good point about the drivers. Historically, the AMD drivers have been hit or miss. Chief helpdesk wants me to check OpenGL setting and stuff when I get home this evening. I'll keep everyone posted.

Are you sure they print "corrupted"?  I've seen elevation and section glitches before but when I made the PDF it didn't translate to that document so I didn't really care.

My best guess is that it is a video card or video card driver issue. If you want to double check this, you could post your plan to see if others have the same problem.

You may also want to check out this help article while you are waiting for more info from tech support.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00106/troubleshooting-3d-camera-view-display-problems-in-chief-architect.html