Post footing on the foundation plan

rck-tech

I am sure someone asked this question before, but I could not find any posts. 

I am trying to show the Post Footings on the foundation plan;  The Post Footing Layer is ON.  but nothing is working short of redrawing them on the level 0. I can redraw them but I would like to know what am I doing wrong.

I must vent a little here, why does CA has the ability to do the most complex roofing and framing task so easily then something as simple as showing the Post Footings on the foundation plan is so unintuitive and difficult ?  

Postfooting.JPG

3 hours ago, rck-tech said:

I am trying to show the Post Footings on the foundation plan;

I don't mean this to sound harsh, but you are doing something wrong. I have never, and I have been with Chief for a long time, not had my post footing display where they should. I could ask a million questions to try and help you, but....I draw my decks on level 1 and the footings are on level 0. I do nothing further than what I just described.

image.thumb.png.09ef7856f69c6e97487417a2a834b643.png

@solver gave you the answer...on your reference layerset...select "framing, post" and "footings, post" and turn them on.  Assign each the line style and weight you prefer. 

Then when you are on that level, hit the F9 key to turn on your ref set. You should see the post and the footing...or, just turn on the footing. 

You can create a "saved plan view" for your foundation level that uses it's own ref set. You can set it in the SPV so the ref set always is on. 

6 hours ago, rck-tech said:

I am trying to show the Post Footings on the foundation plan

That doesn’t look like a foundation plan, by the way. 

I don’t know about you guys but my foundation plan only has foundation walls footings and bases for columns etc.

If I include anything else on that sheet my cement forms contractor will shoot me. 

I draw my bases on the foundation plan on a foundation Layer Set.

In general, if you draw your plans in Chief the same way you would build that home, you’ll run into less of these kinds of problems. 

• 3 weeks later...