User Catalog Location

buzzsaw204

Go to solution Solved by glennw,

• Solution

If you go Preferences...General...Folders...and click All Program Paths...Show, it will give you the path to User Library Database File. 

Ah...that could be compromised by the fact that you had a hard disk crash and are looking on a backup.

This is my path in Windows, you may need someone with a Mac to give you the address.

C:\Users\Glenn\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X6 Data\Database Libraries

• 1 year later...

Can the Program Paths be customized? I don't want anything stored on my "C" (boot and OS) drive. I installed the program on my 2 TB drive, which is my "G:" drive, and all other X8 related Program Paths data to go to my SSD "E:" drive. I can't have these other files on "C" because it is too small and thus I only want it to support the OS.

Can I relocate these files and folders and correct the Paths in the X8.ini file?

Thanks,

Right, and I have attempted to edit the X8.ini file to redirect the program to a different drive. Once saved and all the files are moved to the respective locations I specified, I restart X8. When I checked the "All Program Paths" I side X8 is stills shows the old (original locations) and not the new ones. Will call tech support Monday.

Never thought I would see the day when 128GB is not enough storage for an OS and a few programs.

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2016 at 8:53 AM, KirkClemons said:

Unfortunately, this is just not possible right now.

You are able to redirect the User data folder, and the Undo and Temp folders.

But you are not able to redirect program data. It's hard coded into the software.

I was wondering if this feature has been changed. My catalogs are far too big to keep on my OS HDD. Please let me know, this would be great help if they would be able to move.

On 4/17/2016 at 11:57 PM, mrscott said:

Never thought I would see the day when 128GB is not enough storage for an OS and a few programs.

Not sure if this helps ..

The biggest use of space by Chief on mine is the archives which is currently 32GB (haven't cleaned it up in a year). Libraries for both X8 and X9 combined are about 20GB.

My drive is bigger but currently use 120 GB with both X8 and 9 along with 90 folders in the program files and program files (x86) folder. Only the Chief data folders and TurboCad folders are in the C documents-all other documents point to D. Cleaning up the archives my total would be well below 100GB. I don't use hibernate which saves a little.

Maybe this will help:

My Data Folder:

D:\Dropbox\Chief Architect Premier X9 Data\

My Temporary Folder:

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\

My Undo Folder:

C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\

This puts the Archives, Backdrops, Database Libraries, Hotkeys, Images, Lex, Patterns, Scripts, Textures and Toolbars all on my D Drive.

I also have my Current Projects on the D Drive:

D:\Dropbox\Chief Architect Projects\X9\