Single Cabinet with Varying Heights

kwhitt

Mark -  I thought you might have a clever way of building this run of wall cabinets in one piece.  I was able to fake it by reducing the stiles where the cabinet over the hood connects to the adjacent cabinets.  Can this be done in one piece?

CAM05_David_03-03-20.jpg

5 minutes ago, SNestor said:

Why would you want to build as "one piece"?

It's mostly out of curiosity,  however custom face frame cabinets are built this way all the time in our market to avoid seams between the frames.  Our shop will do this especially if they're inset.  

NOTE:  I didn't finish the cabinet.  Just took it far enough so that you understood what was going on.  Next step would be to add separations (or shelves) for the bottom of the 2 side sections and to change the back to something solid (Blank Areas or similar).

On 3/3/2020 at 1:42 PM, kwhitt said:

Can this be done in one piece?

3 cabinets- center cabinet has 0" width stiles. Not worth the hoops you have to jump to get the bottom of the center section to stay open -pretty much how those are built.

IF it's really important to you-build the 3 cabinets, convert to cabinet door symbol and place in a blank cabinet. (cabinet on right is that way)

A cad elevation will be far better using the 3 cabinets, if you need both good cad and good schedule you could use both :))))

image.thumb.png.4300bdeeb1598fc119fe0093c11c27a0.png

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

3 cabinets...Not worth the hoops you have to jump to get the bottom of the center section to stay open

For the record, I agree, and this is the basic approach I typically use myself.  I almost always build those combined units out of several cabinets.  I was only offering a way that it could be done with a single cabinet. 

• Like 1

By the way, the bottom part of the 2 side sections is tricky and requires some custom shelf symbols if you want them to be part of the cabinet itself (as opposed to manually positioned and free floating) but it's still totally doable.  Not something I have time to go through in great detail, but here's a rough finished example...

One piece cab complete.plan

I didn't perfect all the specifics.  Just enough to get the point across. 

17 hours ago, MarkMc said:

3 cabinets- center cabinet has 0" width stiles. Not worth the hoops you have to jump to get the bottom of the center section to stay open -pretty much how those are built.

IF it's really important to you-build the 3 cabinets, convert to cabinet door symbol and place in a blank cabinet. (cabinet on right is that way)

A cad elevation will be far better using the 3 cabinets, if you need both good cad and good schedule you could use both :))))

image.thumb.png.4300bdeeb1598fc119fe0093c11c27a0.png

3 cabs.plan

Thanks Mark

My solution is a little different:

1. 2 standard framed (or unframed) cabinets
  2. 1 center unframed cabinet (sides are normal)
  3. select all three and convert to interior furnishings symbol (hangs on wall with appropriate height)
  4. add to schedule as "Wall Cabinet"c
  5. Make sure you edit the label and description to show what you want in the Schedule.

• Upvote 1