update/cleanup

winterdd

guys, during the design process of a project is there a command to update the drawing (besides saving) and even cleanup overlapping cad lines? i spend a lot of time tweaking things and uneccessary things can end up in the model. how do you guys handle this? i ask this because i know autocad can detect overlapping lines and such.

11 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

guys, during the design process of a project is there a command to update the drawing (besides saving) and even cleanup overlapping cad lines? i spend a lot of time tweaking things and uneccessary things can end up in the model. how do you guys handle this? i ask this because i know autocad can detect overlapping lines and such.

I just read a comment on Facebook today that someone has a command that can be inputted into ruby that will clean those type of items up.  It wasn’t very descriptive but maybe one of our awesome ruby gurus can interpret and let us know?

...watching

16 minutes ago, rgardner said:

I just read a comment on Facebook today that someone has a command that can be inputted into ruby that will clean those type of items up.  It wasn’t very descriptive but maybe one of our awesome ruby gurus can interpret and let us know?

...watching

Nope.  Not possible. At least not without actually (and illegally) hacking into Chief’s exe programming code.  

6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

My recommendation is to simply adjust your drawing habits to eliminate those issues at the source.

lol, i agree......just learned another thing the hard way. i had all my wall section cad details in my foundation level. i deleted the foundation and rebuilt and bam, all my details are gone. seriously pissed right now. thanks for the feedback on the OP guys.

2 hours ago, MoeGia said:

Find an Archive copy that still has the foundation in it.  Copy the details to a CAD detail in the current plan.

Couldnt find the archive but i did end up redrawing the details. Leason learned.

12 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Put your CAD Details in...wait for it...

ACTUAL CAD DETAILS!!  :)

Alaskan, care to fill me in on how to create a cad details plan?

IMG_20200105_093146.jpg

5 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Couldnt find the archive but i did end up redrawing the details. Leason learned.

Should be in your (My) Documents Folder , in the Chief Architect Data\Archives\  Folder ....... folder name is the Plan name with a bunch of random numbers after it.

if you can't find it , Download the Brick Ledge Plan you posted 2-3 days ago off that thread .....they were in it........

For a CAD Detail  in Plan  goto Cad>Cad Detail Management>New Cad Detail  , you can also right click CAD Details in the Project Browser for the Given Plan and Create a new one that way too.

If you want you can also Name a New Plan "Details" (for eg.)  and use it to "warehouse" all your typical details and send to layout from there instead of the Project Plan. Chief's Lake Point Sample Plan has an example of how that is used. Just be sure you Store that plan somewhere Chief can always find it easily.

KB

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Use CAD DETAIL MANAGEMENT...

See pic below;

2020-01-05_11-50-40.thumb.png.cc51d8faea2a404bc9029034fa0fe85f.png2020-01-05_11-51-15.png.81b67f921bb03fafba00621ee9f16874.png2020-01-05_11-51-29.thumb.png.6ce6858cef9b70f7b691d06336c3e314.png