Roof End Closure?

ACADuser

Manually break (line break tool) the outer edge and wrap the corner about 6" or if all else fails a quick poly-line solid cap to the end. Either method should work.

DJP

I now how to do a solid but how to break the roof plane in such a way to close the hole?

I can do this with an additional roof plane but not what I wanted.

post-2435-0-21712100-1412737649_thumb.png

I now how to do a solid but how to break the roof plane in such a way to close the hole?

I can do this with an additional roof plane but not what I wanted.

You don't have to add another roof plane to return it. As mentioned, place a break in the roof plane and drag it over. Dragging it over an inch or two should do it. Depending on where you place the break, you may then need to bump it back to the wall surface. This will give you the look you want.

Right off the bat, I duplicated your situation and it worked just fine at the end with the roof being flush to the other wall. I didn't need to break and move the roof plane over. There must be a setting or some that is not right or the roof plane is not meeting correctly or something.

The roof plane when parallel to the drywall, i.e. snapped into place did heal the open end.

The cut & drag covers most of the exposed drywall from the interior wall that is extended up to form the gable wall.

There is still a little drywall showing & the Freeze is open. Not a big deal as I won't be zooming in with views used on the plans.

post-2435-0-16408300-1412770185_thumb.png

Just try to learn manual roofs, once you learn them, its very easy to do. I use auto roofs to start ,then manually fix them. try to connect your walls at that point, depending on how you defined the room those could be attic or regular walls. Use the "edit wall layer intersections" tool. Remember the roof edge should be located at the exterior surface of the wall not the framing. usually Chief does this automatically but sometimes it doesn't .

You probably have 2 moldings in the roof DBX , maybe in the freeze section, you can have more than one so check to see if you have 2

Thanks Perry.

I'm going to quit for today as I'm pulling out what hair I have left.

I think I may remove all the roof and start over. maybe do the thin 2nd floor trick.

My plan is attached & the roof looks like I want it to look but the walls & molding are fighting me.

The main problem area is the left side of the entry where the little roof is. I seem to be having trouble controlling the plate height after the fact.

The design is driven by a need to not use the hum drum roof from right to left as in my earlier design.

I know the break up causes some complicated roofing but that is what I need to do. Per the Architect.

And the left upper gable actually extends right of lower gable and that wall is part of the entry.

Take a look if you feel like it.

post-2435-0-71537800-1412798015_thumb.png

BellaVistaLot3-r2.plan