New Flr Default Cl'g Hgt

ebdesign

Scott,

I'm not having any trouble moving between floors. I use the arrow keys just like you do. I was trying to figure out how Perry moves directly to the attic flr w/out scrolling (arrow keys or Shift M/N) thru all the intermediate flrs; which is what he seemed to indicate he was doing in post #20. I listed the 3 ways I could think of to do that. That's all. Sorry if my syntax & sentence structure left the semantics fuzzy.

Scott,

I'm 63. My son just turned 40. Yikes! 

Golf: The Bear  at Grand Traverse Resort is a nice course.  it's a target course, ala Europe, many strategically placed hazards;  it's a little flat because PGA had some tour events here for a few yrs & it needed to be "walkable". I've played it twice in 24yrs. Plus it hosts the Michigan Pro Open every year.

There are a whole bunch of beautiful courses all over this area. I've golfed several of them, but no where near even half of them.

A few of my favorites:

http://www.golfthechief.com/

http://www.a-ga-ming.com/torch/

http://www.grandviewgolf.net/

& my "home" course:

http://timberwolfgolfclub.net/

I was trying to figure out how Perry moves directly to the attic flr w/out scrolling (arrow keys or Shift M/N) thru all the intermediate flrs; which is what he seemed to indicate he was doing in post #20

THE PROJECT BROWSER

I have it up all the time

That's bologna! Chief calls 'em "floors", not "levels". I'm going w/ that. CAD Details are made to store stuff. Copy/Paste in Place (Control/Alt/V) between the plan & a CAD Detail works just as well (no, make that "better") as blank flrs w/out the trickery.

Even if the new flr took on the cl'g hgt of the floor below (like it used to work), that would be better than 97 1/8". (Does anybody use that 1/8" anymore?)

Jim,

If that's "bologna", then how come I can have 3 "floors" in my plan.

I have a room on floor 1, no rooms on floor 2 and a room on floor 3.

I can set the floor and ceiling levels on the third floor room to exactly the same as the room on floor one.

The third floor room appears exactly the same as the floor 1 room.

I said in a previous post that floors can be used to associate different levels (floors) so that they appear on the one floor plan.

So ...floors aint really floors!

In this picture the left room is on floor 1, nothing on floor 2, and the right room is on floor 3 - go figure!

post-106-0-93719400-1412118180_thumb.jpg

Along the same line as what Glenn is doing.  Build 2 3 story homes.  On house one,  only walls on level 1.  On house two,  only walls on level  3.  Now make  the f.f.  if level one of house one @ 10',  and the f.f. of house 2 3rd floor at 0.0.

Point is we can have the third floor of house two lower than first floor of house one.

I know,  pretty stupid stuff, but it is something to do to help us understand floor levels......  but it has nothing to do   with Jim's query.

Along the same line as what Glenn is doing.  Build 2 3 story homes.  On house one,  only walls on level 1.  On house two,  only walls on level  3.  Now make  the f.f.  if level one of house one @ 10',  and the f.f. of house 2 3rd floor at 0.0.

Point is we can have the third floor of house two lower than first floor of house one.

I know,  pretty stupid stuff, but it is something to do to help us understand floor levels......  but it has nothing to do   with Jim's query.

Well.....I suck at golf so I may as well be doing stupid stuff with CA to pass my time.

Seriously though I learn a lot when we tangent off on some of these issues. 

Glenn & Scott,

So you have a room on the 3rd flr at the same elevation as the room on the 1st flr?

Yeah............

What's the 1st flr plan look like? or a flr overview?

Lotsa things can be done in Chief lotsa different ways. Often times, in order to get something done, methods that don't make much sense need to be used (aka "work-arounds"). Doesn't mean they should be adopted as normal daily practice or that I need to provide for that rare occasion in my everyday template.

In the 18+yrs I've been using Chief, I have never had a need to have a blank floor; not one single time. Whatever circumstances make y'all feel you need one, I find another way to get it done. I think that's important to point out to all who visit here, or I wouldn't put myself & y'all through this. Joey's last sentence of previous post makes all this worthwhile.

Jim,  I understand that you know how floors work.  What I said was directed to those who do not fully understand floors.  Knowing what I can do with floors takes the mystery out of it for  me.

BTW,  There is an isolated situation where I may or could have a situation with a floor with no rooms between two floors with rooms.   A very isolated situation involving walls cut by roof.....  very very isolated situation.