jjifmeyer

Stone material/River Rock, Pebble Stone

Recommended Posts

Trying to create two tier garden bed.

I can't seem to find a Stone material of River Rock or Pebble Stone.

Am I overlooking it?

Material like in the attached pict:

 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.26.13 AM.png

FullSizeRender.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look in manufacturer libraries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent a good amount of time looking but couldn't find anything.

Could you be a little more specific.

 

Thanks

11 minutes ago, tommy1 said:

Look in manufacturer libraries.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jjifmeyer said:

I spent a good amount of time looking but couldn't find anything.

Could you be a little more specific.

 

Thanks

 

The River Rock in X10 Library doesn't work for what you are trying to do?

Garden bed.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Evolution said:

The River Rock in X10 Library doesn't work for what you are trying to do?

I have such a small selection.

Where can I download a border choice?

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 8.51.32 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Evolution said:

The River Rock in X10 Library doesn't work for what you are trying to do?

Maybe its in a catalog I need to download.

But not sure which catalog?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe "its" in a catalogue? Which It? The Border?  I don't think there is any available in CA X10 library, but you can  make it. I assume you have the planter bed laid out? in Plan use Terrain feature tool, draw a Spline retaining wall. Open the DBX set the height, change the material to something close to what you want to achieve. See if that works for you or at least gets you close.

Garden bed border.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Evolution said:

Maybe "its" in a catalogue? Which It? The Border? 

You may be misunderstanding me?

I'm looking for the "material" River rocks Folder.

That you showed me in your Pict.

I need a wide selection of "River Rocks" (Material)

I know how to create the beds.

 

The folder with the surface materials (River / Rocks)

You see that you have a folder with many selections for "River Rocks"

My folder I have 2 selections for river rocks.

 

Where can I get the folder that you are showing.

 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 8.51.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 9.44.57 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go here and download catalogs.

 

ct1.thumb.png.53093d28f177b044aee7810548017d75.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, jjifmeyer said:

You may be misunderstanding me?

I'm looking for the "material" River rocks Folder.

That you showed me in your Pict.

I need a wide selection of "River Rocks" (Material)

I know how to create the beds.

 

The folder with the surface materials (River / Rocks)

You see that you have a folder with many selections for "River Rocks"

My folder I have 2 selections for river rocks.

 

Where can I get the folder that you are showing.

 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 8.51.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 9.44.57 AM.png

Not sure why your folder doesn't look like mine.  I opened X10 and did the search for River Rock. One of the folders is the CA X10 folder and it has three basic. Don't know how many more you'll find in CA X10. I looked in my X11 has the same folder. Maybe one of the real CA guru's will jump in and offer advice. Sorry I can't help more. Use the Link Eric (Solver) posted and see if you find what you need. 

One of the manufacturer's catalogs I previously downloaded (Boral) has a number of Stone / Pebble look textures under "Expose". If you go to the CA 3D Library and search for boral, down load their catalog then open your library browser, >Manufacturer Catalogs>Expose and take a look at those textures?

Boral Cat.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, solver said:

Go here and download catalogs.

I have been there.

I do a search for "River Rock". Nothing!

Do I have to download every catalog?

You would think the search for "River Rock" would pull something?

 

Could you direct me to the catalog that has that folder "River Rock"

So I don't have to download every catalog?

 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.18.20 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jjifmeyer said:

I have been there.

I do a search for "River Rock". Nothing!

Do I have to download every catalog?

You would think the search for "River Rock" would pull something?

 

Could you direct me to the catalog that has that folder "River Rock"

So I don't have to download every catalog?

 

Thanks

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.18.20 AM.png

See the screen capture

Boral Catalog.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Evolution said:

See the screen capture

Downloaded but that's not it. Could you show me the hierarchy of the folder shown in this image:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.55.30 AM.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jjifmeyer said:

Downloaded but that's not it. Could you show me the hierarchy of the folder shown in this image:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 10.55.30 AM.png

 

HIGH ARCHY.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Evolution said:

Garden bed.png

Could anyone tell me what catalog (River Rock) Materials is located in?

The included pict is what I'm looking for not what I have.

I have been searching for 2 hrs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jjifmeyer said:

Could anyone tell me what catalog (River Rock) Materials is located in?

 

Most of us have taken the time to download and install the bonus catalogs.

 

It's just part of using the software.

 

Once you have done so, you too will have access to these materials.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to do it with one click or do I have to individually download each one.

Playing the guessing game!

 

Thanks

1 minute ago, solver said:

It's just part of using the software.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One by one, but it should be obvious which ones to get -- the ones containing rock and stone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why you refuse to just tell me the catalog?

I have downloaded 8 already with no luck.

 

Thanks anyway

2 minutes ago, solver said:

One by one, but it should be obvious which ones to get

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you would think a search in the 3D library would pull that info.

But I guess that would be too easy.

2 minutes ago, solver said:

 

One by one,

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you give us the names of the catalogs you downloaded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have a look in Coronado Stone>Irregular Shaped Stones>Creek Rock and River Rock.

For those that are not aware, after doing a search and finding some textures, you can locate the textures in the library structure and find out the name of the Catalog by right clicking on a texture and select Show In Browser.

 

Colorado, Rio Grande and Yakima can be found in the Eldorado Stone>Stone>River Rock.

 

River Rock-Multi and River Rock-White are in Chief Core Catalogs>Materials>Landscaping and Roadways>Decorative Rock and Gravel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you find a material that's close, you edit it to change the scale and color.  Sometimes a material will just not be quite right but close enough that it can be modified to suit.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks I finally found it.

After downloading a bunch of catalogs.

Wish the search in the 3d library was a little better.

 

Thanks to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jjifmeyer said:

Thanks I finally found it.

After downloading a bunch of catalogs.

Wish the search in the 3d library was a little better.

 

Thanks to all!

Which catalog was it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

  • Member Statistics

    27602
    Total Members
    6254
    Most Online
    Floriance
    Newest Member
    Floriance
    Joined