Toby-PKBLDR

X-11 Room Numbers

I recall some discussion of this topic a while ago but discovered a new, at least to me, option on the Room Finish Schedule; a Room Number column. It creates a room number with a R precedent. Seems excellent but; how do I display the Room Number, preceded by the R, in the room it is referencing? If it only appears in the Schedule what is it’s functionality? I’d love to be able to use this for room labels on plans when they get very busy with dimensions, notes, call-outs, and all that other stuff cluttering up the linen closet at the end of a hall.

Am I missing something, as usual?

Thanks for the help!

1 hour ago, Toby-PKBLDR said:

Seems excellent but; how do I display the Room Number, preceded by the R, in the room it is referencing? I

It's actually a schedule number- to figure that out open the Text Macro Management with the room selected, in the TMM select object properties and look through the list.

In any case-I tried a few things but schedule numbers are a bit different so referenced macro did not work. BUT what did work was placing %schedule_number% in the room label :) BUT that screws up the standard room name in the schedule. Will fiddle with that some more, maybe a way to get it all, don't know yet. Without having either the OIP or components I don't see a way around that, so far it's one or the other.

Room number into label.jpg

I have a macro that can be placed in a Note to display the number.  Actually the Macro generates a number composed of the floor number followed by the schedule number without the "R".

I will post that macro tomorrow.

Thanks Mark, you saved me a bunch of fruitless fiddling around. Maybe Chief will make a checkbox to have the R#, Room Name, or both. If not, it really serves no purpose that I can see.

Thanks Joe, I've seen your Room Number Macro and used it on a commercial project but on Residential, folks expect a Room Name here.