Anyone know room structure heights really well....I don't, 12yrs and I still don't.

zowie123

Just now, Renerabbitt said:

I know we went over this in a post a long while back..I just feel as if it should be possible in the room/foundation dbx instead of doing workarounds.

XAMPLE.thumb.PNG.9d9d269b12c9659f7e888004660bd22f.PNG

Yeah,  I have been doing mono slabs since they first came out.  That is something I have requested many times.  The pic is the way I like to draw my footings.....  I stopped fighting it.....1005782140_ScreenShot2019-02-26at2_22_36PM.thumb.png.c68b7028d75ddccffdf1cf9762a011a6.png

2 minutes ago, dshall said:

Yeah,  I have been doing mono slabs since they first came out.  That is something I have requested many times.  The pic is the way I like to draw my footings.....  I stopped fighting it.....1005782140_ScreenShot2019-02-26at2_22_36PM.thumb.png.c68b7028d75ddccffdf1cf9762a011a6.png

Cheaper than stem wall construction

5 minutes ago, dshall said:

Curious Scott, is that a CAD detail? Or is Chief drawing that?

We don’t build anything that looks like that around here and I haven’t needed to draw that particular scenario for anyone else yet, but if that’s me, I’m probably just gonna draw a standard stemwall foundation with slab at the top.  Only manual tweaking is with the fills on the elevation views to combine them and provide the little inside corner chamfer.  

Might also be tempted to just build that as 2 floors...one to provide the actual footers and then next for the monoslab with its stemwall footers.  

2 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Might also be tempted to just build that as 2 floors...one to provide the actual footers and then next for the monoslab with its stemwall footers.

This is clever..in the new room features do we have the ability to re-label our floors- suppose we could in a room schedule so that items designated for the second floor dont get put on a 3rd floor to accomplish this trick

Scott's detail is just a CAD Detail.  I complained about the MonoSlab when they were first introduced.  Scott claimed we could get the Footer width, height & offset along with the Stemwall thickness and height all done automatically.  It just isn't possible IMO.  CA never responded and I gave up.  This detail is really common in the southwest (SoCAL, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico - and probably many other places).  CA really needs to look at this.

I basically agree with Michael that the only way to do it currently is to draw a standard stemwall foundation with a slab at the top.

I  recently had an engineer insist on a stem wall the full thickness of the footer.  He was born raised and educated in the northeast and had no real experience with monoslab construction.  The amount of concrete saved with Scott's detail is substantial, particularly when the stem wall gets taller.

18 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I basically agree with Michael that the only way to do it currently is to draw a standard stemwall foundation with a slab at the top.

I don't do them much either but I thought this was the current "workaround" ?

M.

3 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Scott's detail is just a CAD Detail.  I complained about the MonoSlab when they were first introduced.  Scott claimed we could get the Footer width, height & offset along with the Stemwall thickness and height all done automatically.  It just isn't possible IMO.  CA never responded and I gave up.  This detail is really common in the southwest (SoCAL, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico - and probably many other places).  CA really needs to look at this.

I  recently had an engineer insist on a stem wall the full thickness of the footer.  He was born raised and educated in the northeast and had no real experience with monoslab construction.  The amount of concrete saved with Scott's detail is substantial, particularly when the stem wall gets taller.

Nope,  I never said I could do it auto.